Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Focus points and soma high lvl build

Tomasino132CZ

Question

Hello

So........ I´ve finished my first sortie mission and my soma prime didn´t done the right ammount of damage as i expected

Here is my build : http://warframe-builder.com/Primary_Weapons/Builder/Soma/t_30_00000220_129-1-5-137-5-7-138-0-0-140-7-5-141-3-5-156-4-0-159-6-5-162-2-1_138-6-129-9-162-3-141-11-156-4-137-6-159-5-140-9/en/2-0-17

What should i change ?

And to the second part..... Where can i get a lot of focus point ? I usually get 4-500 points per mission.......I like more noisy fight.....Im trying to unlock mudurai school tree, if its important.

my set :
Rhino prime (30)-greater mudurai lens
Soma (30) -greater mudurai lens
Seer (30)
Broken war (30) - greater mudurai lens

Thanks for every advice........

5 answers to this question

Consider adding a few more forma to that build, and replace ammo drum by Split Chamber. You could also put Shred in there, and replace Sawtooth Clip. Those 30% Impact/Puncture/Slash damage mods are never an optimal choice when you have other elemental options. And make sure to rank up all your mods once your mod capacity in the weapon permits it, you won't get the best out of your gear with unranked mods.

Now for the Focus... Madurai could, in the future, get buffed by the anticipated focus additions. However, right now, Madurai and Unairu are underwhelming, and not the most useful of the lot. Even so, if you want to fully understand how focus works, you must also learn how affinity works. That being said, the XP farming methods I would recommend are: Spy missions, while being stealthy between vault hacks and keeping that 500% xp bonus up; endless missions, like Hieracon, Xini, Akkad, or Berehynia; Sortie missions with "Eximus Stronghold" condition, especially if it's a mission with a high density of spawns like interception; and surprisingly, archwing, if you have lenses on all of the equipment, you'll get a good amount of focus per Salacia run.

Edited by TheScytale

On the phone right now so I can't post a build, but the sawtooth clip and ammo drum are the biggest issue followed by rifle ammo mutation unless you don't have or want to use carrier and its ammo case.

Sawtooth Clip is the biggest issue because it only gives damage based off of how much slash damage is on the weapon while another element or a bane mod would be much more effective as its the whole base damage used in their equation instead, not to mention the miniscule amount of slash sawtooth clip gives

Ammo drum imo just feels obsolete when you have a rifle ammo mutation and/or carrier ammo case and would be better off beong more damage in the form of a heavy cal at maybe rank 5 or 6, or a shred to get more targets per bullet

Sawtooth Clip is a terrible mod and should never be used.

I'd replace Sawtooth Clip and Ammo Drum with Split Chamber and Shred if you have those mods. If you don't have them, use elemental mods in the meantime.

5 minutes ago, Tomasino132CZ said:

What about Steady hands mod ? for soma.....

You mean Stabilizer? Steady Hands is a mod for secondary weapons. The Soma's recoil is pretty low to begin with, so Stabilizer wouldn't be particularly useful.