Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How is hosting dedicated servers affecting you guys?

Cyborg-Rox

Question

This is mainly a question to the actual hosts of the dedicated servers. I have a pretty good PC, and a decent, stable internet connection, and am wondering if hosting a dedicated server constantly will have a bad effect on my PC's performance, or my internet connection, while using it normally.

I tried it once earlier today, and my internet ended up completely cutting out while playing with a friend, and talking on Teamspeak, but I don't know if hosting a server was the cause of it. What are your experiences with hosting a server on a computer while you're using it?

Edited by Cyborg-Rox

6 answers to this question

Got an i5, 12 gb, and a GTX 970. Dunno if this will be useful, though.

I'm running dedicated servers since yesterday, several hours a day, (also while playing) and absolutely no problem so far. Funny thing on the other hand is the server is always empty, ahah. "0 players" for now, whatever i run. (Lunaro, Cephalon, or team deatchmatch)

Will keep trying this daily nonetheless, see if i can be useful and if my connexion can hold it at the same time.

Edited by Stonehenge

1 minute ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Oh, right... Guess it's an empty desert for me as well.

Is it supposed to keep saying "NAT bound for server to [blablablanumbersIPstuff]" over and over again?

Oh, i don't have any idea. This is beyond my skills. Maybe it's a good time to learn how to read informations on a server window XD

For now i'm just watching the Matrix without understanding it one bit.