Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing

(PSN)Smooth81Criminal

12 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

You do have the ability to rotate on 3 axis. X, Y, and Z. The real gripe with Archwing is the dedicated roll isn't explained very well.

That's not what I mean. You can turn right and left, you can turn up and down, but you can't bank left or right, there are no keys for this function. 

Talking about archwing being confusing, 3D map would ease the dizziness too. You can be turned upside down, but map will stay as it is. You turn left, the map turns right, and you're like "What the Hek, where should I go? Where's up and where's down?"

1 hour ago, Suncake said:

That's not what I mean. You can turn right and left, you can turn up and down, but you can't bank left or right, there are no keys for this function. 

Talking about archwing being confusing, 3D map would ease the dizziness too. You can be turned upside down, but map will stay as it is. You turn left, the map turns right, and you're like "What the Hek, where should I go? Where's up and where's down?"

I guess I'm used to that. I've played a lot of space games.

Also you can bank left or right.

3 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

I have played a lot of space games as well, difference in those is that you have a 3D radar to help you with your orientation, the joke of a minimap WF has only confuses you. 

Even old games like X-wing did a better job of orienting you with the help of the radar.

56 minutes ago, VikingoX said:

I have played a lot of space games as well, difference in those is that you have a 3D radar to help you with your orientation, the joke of a minimap WF has only confuses you. 

Even old games like X-wing did a better job of orienting you with the help of the radar.

I don't use my radar much, I don't really need it :/

10 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

Also you can bank left or right.

But it is a key modifier you have to press, and that disables your yaw controls. I for one really would like dedicated roll, yaw and pitch keys in the following layout:

Q=Roll Left
W=Move Forward
E=Roll Right
A=Strafe left
S=Move Backwards
D=Strafe Right
SpaceBar=Slide Up(Current bind)
Ctrl=Slide down (The current bind)

These controls, together with mouse pitch and yaw controls give me full control over my Ar**wind.

And agreed, the pathetic excuse for a radar we have is like a bad joke. Even the 1984 release of Elite did it better.

Edited by SoanoS

58 minutes ago, SoanoS said:

But it is a key modifier you have to press, and that disables your yaw controls. I for one really would like dedicated roll, yaw and pitch keys in the following layout:

It doesn't disable yaw, you can still move left and right while rolling. I'm uploading a video demonstrating.