Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archwing's Radar Issue

Jett_The_Badger

If you've run through at least a single archwing mission, you may notice that your character rotates on all three axes (x, y & z, although the right analog stick rotates the character only x & y which, together, can make a z value), allowing the player to turn sideways or even upside down, which is pretty awesome since there's only minuscule, if any, gravity that is negligible if there is any pull, so spins and such are great. As wonderful as this is, though, the radar (or mini-map) is 2-dimensional and only supports one axes which, if you're upside down will mean that your radar is flipped or, if you're sideways your radar becomes worse than useless and potentially confusing if you attempt to use it to direct your character to any sort of loot. As someone who uses my radar a lot, it's stressful to try to find loot or incoming enemies without having to try to find an angle where I can spot them, which may not even be easily visible if I am searching for them (even with a high contrast and brightness to optimise sharpness and visibility of such things, although the markers for close-enough enemies on the screen are admittedly helpful).

As a fix, I'd recommend either making the radar 3-dimensional in archwing missions to allow players to get accurate bearings on where things such as loot are or, as a potentially temporary solution, take away the z-axis rotation until 3D radars are available for archwing missions.

Take care and fight well, fellow Ninj-... Tenno!

14 minutes ago, Halanaestra said:

As a fix, I'd recommend either making the radar 3-dimensional in archwing missions to allow players to get accurate bearings on where things such as loot are or, as a potentially temporary solution, take away the z-axis rotation until 3D radars are available for archwing missions.

They wanted to make a 3D minimap for Archwing for a while now, but it proved to be too difficult to implement for the time being.

So yeah, they know of the issue and think that 3D map is needed too. Hopefuly we'll get to see it in the end.

Edited by VisionAndVoice

1 minute ago, VisionAndVoice said:

They wanted to implement a 3D map for Archwing for a while now, but it proved to be too difficult for the time being.

So yeah, they know of the issue and think that 3D map is needed too. Hopefuly we'll get to see it in the end.

Ahh okay. I really hope to see the 3D radars eventually too but, at least for the time being, I'd imagine that it's not just me that gets crazily confused and lost by the 3D rotation and 2D radar. It's certainly good to hear that they've already planned on trying to implement the 3D maps, though. Thanks. :)