Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PHYSX GREYED OUT

Giruvegarn

Question

Hello, does anyone know why the hell in warframe ALWAYS gives this bullS#&$ about the PhysX feature?

Because there are times when the physx particle effect works in a day in warframe, and then, the other day (especially after some updates) this physx option goes back to gray again.

It gives me a lot of trouble to activate again, and this time I could not activate even looking every hints and tips on google saying how to activate.
I wonder if it is because the DE block the support for physx for some reason?

Thanks in advance for some explanation!

11 answers to this question

It has to do with invalid video drivers, if you update your video card's driver to the latest version available it should pop back up as an option.

This happened to me a few times, but I've decided a few months ago to just play without it. My little old 770m can't handle so much, and Physx in Warframe is a bit intensive.

2 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

It has to do with invalid video drivers, if you update your video card's driver to the latest version available it should pop back up as an option.

This^

Also if you optimize your games with GeForce Experience it should automatically turn itself on, I think if you do it from there your drivers might not need to be perfectly up to date.

Just now, -Amaterasu- said:

This^

Also if you optimize your games with GeForce Experience it should automatically turn itself on, I think if you do it from there your drivers might not need to be perfectly up to date.

The reason I didn't specify optimization with GeForce Experience is that I don't know if he is using an AMD graphics processor or not. And more often than not, you will need to just do a plain driver update to resolve this problem. Optimizing through GeForce Experience or otherwise won't turn it back on if it physically can't be turned back on. (Such as with an old or outdated driver.)

:P

14 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

The reason I didn't specify optimization with GeForce Experience is that I don't know if he is using an AMD graphics processor or not. And more often than not, you will need to just do a plain driver update to resolve this problem. Optimizing through GeForce Experience or otherwise won't turn it back on if it physically can't be turned back on. (Such as with an old or outdated driver.)

:P

afaik amd drivers don't even let you use physx as that's nvidia exclusive.

1 minute ago, NyxCrab said:

afaik amd drivers don't even let you use physx as that's nvidia exclusive.

Exactly..

I just now realize what I said about him using an AMD GPU is dumb > .> Since he was able to use PhysX before.
Just a simple update should suffice though, and you're right : P

PhysX is an Nvidia only thing.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

43 minutes ago, Giruvegarn said:

I wonder if it is because the DE block the support for physx for some reason?

That's the problem:  I dont want to update my driver...  If I do this, my game Alien Isolation will crash over and over with THAT recent driver.   So, that's why I rolled back to older drivers.  But, as u know, it disables the physx feature on warframe.  :(

50 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

This happened to me a few times, but I've decided a few months ago to just play without it. My little old 770m can't handle so much, and Physx in Warframe is a bit intensive.

That's the problem:  I dont want to update my driver...  If I do this, my game Alien Isolation will crash over and over with THAT recent driver.   So, that's why I rolled back to older drivers.  But, as u know, it disables the physx feature on warframe.  :(

15 minutes ago, Giruvegarn said:

You may have to deal without PhysX then, if you want other games to be stable. Not sure why DE has to have the latest and greatest of drivers to use when the older ones work just fine. But you know them.

EvolutionTM

To be completely honest with you, you really aren't missing out on much without it. Just a bit of extra particles that really don't make much of a difference gameplay-wise. More often than not they just chug a bit more of your GPU utilization with no real added benefit to overall game quality.

Another reason I don't use it.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

Just now, AEP8FlyBoy said:

You may have to deal without PhysX then, if you want other games to be stable. Not sure why DE has to have the latest and greatest of drivers to use when the older ones work just fine. But you know them.

EvolutionTM

Yeah, but thanks anyway for help.  :)    

17 hours ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

To be completely honest with you, you really aren't missing out on much without it. Just a bit of extra particles that really don't make much of a difference gameplay-wise. More often than not they just chug a bit more of your GPU utilization with no real added benefit to overall game quality.

Another reason I don't use it.

Just thought I'd point out PhysX is a lot more than just particle physics it's any physics in general (Cloth, particle, gas, etc.) I'm not sure how much of a role it still plays when you turn it on (They've been toning it down for a while now) but I know for a fact syandanas at the very least used to be effected by it which made them look much better but DE has fixed most of those physics bugs themselves by now.