The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff To Mk 1-Braton

Ss3trnks2

It'd be nice to see a little buff to the mk 1 braton to make it a little more viable in the late game. As it stands, it has less damage and fire rate when compared to the boltor, and the boltor has armor ignore. So other than the accuracy, there is no reason to even consider the MK 1 Braton. If it we're buffed to at least 18 atk and given a higher fire rate of around 9-10 I think more people would continue to use it in the late game. But as it stands, it's only good for until you get 25 k credits, which is like a single void run. Any thoughts?

It's a weapon in the game, it shouldn't matter if you start with it or not.

Name a single progression based game where the weapon you start with is decent at end-game.

It's a starting weapon, and it's fine as it is.

The point of buffing it is to make it on equal terms with the braton. The major selling point of the mk 1 is it's accuracy, which is the highest of the solid armor assault rifles. And frankly there needs to be competition with the braton anyway just not in the same style.

Name a single progression based game where the weapon you start with is decent at end-game.

It's a starting weapon, and it's fine as it is.

Planetside 2, no it's not..it needs buffed.

Edited by Ss3trnks2

It's a weapon in the game, it shouldn't matter if you start with it or not.

Sure it should matter... not all guns are meant to be equal or it'd be a really boring game. I'm sure some are specifically BAD to be challenging to use and gain rank with.

Planetside 2, no it's not..it needs buffed.

Completely backwards. Planetside 2 is the exception because of specific circumstances that come up in an open world PvP game. This has nothing to do with Warframe.

Don't get me wrong I happen to LOVE the MK1-Braton and it breaks my heart how crappy it is on a T3 void, but the logic here is completely air tight. The entire rank mechanic hinges on people moving away from starting gear and getting new stuff. There is no reasonable way to argue that the MK1-Braton should even be a mid tier weapon. It's just not what it's there for.

easily solo'ed pluto with it. you sure it needs buffing?

If you "solo'ed" with it in pluto, then you obviously didn't get very far in any defense missions. With a 16 base damage, measly 6.3 fire rate and no armor ignore compared to guns that have armor ignore, 18 base damage and a fire rate of 8.8. Yes it needs buffed.

Sure it should matter... not all guns are meant to be equal or it'd be a really boring game. I'm sure some are specifically BAD to be challenging to use and gain rank with.

Each gun should be different and appeal to different play styles, this is no different. But all the guns should be of equal or similar balance, or you just get to the same state that every Call of duty knock off game gets where there is only 1 gun that everyone uses since it's slightly better than the others.

its just as viable as anything else.

ive taken mine everywhere.

its still my favorite hitscan weapon. its reliably, has a massive magazine and solid range. the distances i can snipe out ancients is great.

it does NOT stand up to high wave endless defence, but you can say that about 90% of weps. but seeing as that is just a small % of the game who cares.

i take mine to void III.

its a fine wep. somewhere in the middle of braton and latron(in terms of usability, not stats). anybody who who dismisses it as a starter wep has no idea what they are talking about. and never bothered to properly mod it and use it for what it was designed. mid to long range.

its not the best, but its not useless either. a badass wep for those willing to look at more than just numbers.

to hell with your buffs.

Edited by MetalGerbil

Completely backwards. Planetside 2 is the exception because of specific circumstances that come up in an open world PvP game. This has nothing to do with Warframe.

Don't get me wrong I happen to LOVE the MK1-Braton and it breaks my heart how crappy it is on a T3 void, but the logic here is completely air tight. The entire rank mechanic hinges on people moving away from starting gear and getting new stuff. There is no reasonable way to argue that the MK1-Braton should even be a mid tier weapon. It's just not what it's there for.

In both games you earn some form of currency by defeating enemies, you then use that currency to buy upgrades for your weapons and character in an effort to make yourself more powerful and customized to your own personal style. One is just a PvE and the other is a PvP.

If you "solo'ed" with it in pluto, then you obviously didn't get very far in any defense missions. With a 16 base damage, measly 6.3 fire rate and no armor ignore compared to guns that have armor ignore, 18 base damage and a fire rate of 8.8. Yes it needs buffed.

You're saying you're right because you assume you're right. Circular and nonsensical.

Each gun should be different and appeal to different play styles, this is no different. But all the guns should be of equal or similar balance, or you just get to the same state that every Call of duty knock off game gets where there is only 1 gun that everyone uses since it's slightly better than the others.

That is not the design of this game. The rank mechanic is what compels people to use and try different things. To keep the rank system afloat it has to be interesting and challenging which means sometimes you give them something nasty to play with, and other times you challenge them with something difficult to do well with. The MK1-Braton is neither. It's the starting weapon that most weapons should be, in some way, and upgrade from which clearly requires that it not be an amazing weapon.

In both games you earn some form of currency by defeating enemies, you then use that currency to buy upgrades for your weapons and character in an effort to make yourself more powerful and customized to your own personal style. One is just a PvE and the other is a PvP.

Which totally changes everything and makes your point moot.

Dont feed the troll!

Please don't post here if you're not contributing anything.

Which totally changes everything and makes your point moot.

Nevermind there is already PvP in the Dojo. I'm just voicing my opinion on a gun that when compared to the other guns is clearly not up to standards. You'reright that some of the guns that require higher mastery ranks should in fact be better. There is a a very clear niche for this gun in the game and it should be just as viable as the boltor or the braton, just because you start with it doesn't mean you shouldn't be able to continue the game with it.

Please don't post here if you're not contributing anything.

I contributed, i suggested we should buff the strongest guns in the game currently. Personaly I hate the MK1-Braton but it does make sense to have a starter gun to have a progession feel to the gamer otherwise it's just basic pve get loot dont feel rewarded or progess, alot of guns do need to be re-balanced but remember: Beta is Beta.

Edited by TxVirus