Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

best relics to use for ducats farm?

Noctile

Question

11 answers to this question

To be perfectly honest with you, gang up with other people always.

If you fear the Public Experience, try to recruit a Ducat farming squad.

Solo'ing regarding Fissure farm is bad because you only get your reward, while in group you always have more chances to get a uncommon and / or rare prime which will yield a lot more ducats.

Actually, any relic without forma on last 3 positions will be nice. Ducat prices are: 15, 15, 15, 45, 45, 100.

Also, always check the reward choosing screen. 15d things have bronze names, 45d - silver names, 100d - golden.

And, really, ducat farming now better in group, even if it's random group.

Edited by Zanoza-chan

And to answer the op question, I would suggest grouping up (randoms can do), select a relic that you do not need any of the stuff it offers (so that you do not have second thoughts about selling stuff) and drop on exterminate or captures, they are the fastest and you can do a bunch of them in the hour that is given in the rotation.

There might still be some odd ones* that are a Common in one spot and Uncommon in another so have weird values but for the most part what was said above about rarity relating to Ducat value is true.  As such it doesn't really matter which Relic you use as the all give the same chance of 100 Ducats.  If you have hit your limit for Trace then I guess you could upgrade a random Relic to Radiant to improve the chance of Uncommon/Rare but otherwise I'd say take anything that either can't give Forma or has Forma as Common (so it doesn't take away half your Uncommon 45 Ducat chance) then run in a 4-player team, even if it means with randoms, as you'll be able to take their gold or silver rewards when you do get Commons.

37 minutes ago, (PS4)skins0208 said:

Axi relics have the higher value in ducats.

Lith, Meso and Neo Relics still have 3 Commons, 2 Uncommons and 1 Rare at the same values and same drop chances (unless you spend Void Trace, which still has the same effect on any Relic). 

*Odd items worth 25 according to Wiki: Fang Prime Handle, Braton Prime Blueprint, Paris Prime Upper Limb, Trinity Prime Neuroptics.  Avoid these if there are other Uncommons available but go for them if there is nothing but Common options.

well when I farm, I start by visiting Everest on earth to farm for relics. I use my frost frame and my primary is a Ignis with the following mods

• Infected Clip
  • Malignant Force
  • Rime Rounds
  • Cryo Rounds
  • Rifle Ammo Mutation

I have it set up in a way that allows me to have the Ignis do both Heat damage and Viral Damage at the same time, both doing bonus damage to clone flesh.

Just  locate dig sites, throw up a snow globe, and hose the area with your Ignis,  it will make quick work of any Grineer that comes after you. You should get a lot of Lith void relics this way. 

moving on towards Void Fissures missions, you can do any mission, but I suggest avoiding doing Exterminate misions, as they tend to not drop enough Reactant to finish the mission to open the relic, as a Lith exterminate on average spawn 90 or so Enemies, an Reactant drop at a 1 in 10 rate (best guess, I don't have the stats to back this up) so I have seen  Lith exterminate missions only drop a total of 9 reactant for a entire squad.

also, some time the reactant will roll off the map, spawn in a wall, an other such thing, so it will register as being on the map, but there will be no way to get at it. 

if you do a capture mission, make sure to capture the VIP first, you don't want him to get away and cause a mission fail, after capturing him, then start farming for the reactant. 

Mobile Defense are good, as the enemies come to you, so it is easy to farm the reactant, same can be said for doing the  Interception  missions.

I avoiding doing the spy Void Fissures missions, just a personal preference.

an in my option, the best for you dollor is doing Excavation Void Fissures missions, as you can farm for a new relic to replace the one you use up get the  treasure enclosed , the enemies come towards you and the dig site, so you can farm reactant as you defend the Excavator.  

well that's my two cents 

1 hour ago, Noctile said:

i wanna farm ducats, preferably solo. any suggestions? havent farmed ducats since the void rework, so would appreciate some advice

Its been said already, but both need to be repeated for emphasis.

** Always farm ducats in a squad of four.  The negatives of dealing with PUGs is far outweighed by taking the uncommon or rare parts from whomever gets one.

** Always take the rare or uncommon.  The names on the rewards are color coded (brown, white, yellow) so pay attention.  It baffles me how many people take a common part when there is a rare in the pool.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)KwGeek77 said:

but I suggest avoiding doing Exterminate misions, as they tend to not drop enough Reactant to finish the mission to open the relic

This is only true if your squad is bad.  On an exterminate you have to slow your roll and let the fissures open before killing things.  An Ember running WoF or a Simulor Mirage are good reasons to abort to find a better squad.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Agent_CHAR said:

** Always take the rare or uncommon.  The names on the rewards are color coded (brown, white, yellow) so pay attention.  It baffles me how many people take a common part when there is a rare in the pool.

I did not know this, I did a google image search just to confirm this, So next time I do  ducat farming, I'll take this knowledge with me, thanks Agent_Char

Spoiler

7nBrl6w.jpg