Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Level Zero Fusion Core Rewards On Endless Defense.

DeMeritus

These are a bug or a joke, right?  The level zero cores yield less mod fusion energy than cores of a more common class, yet cost a lot more to use.

Now, I have a suggestion for making these otherwise wasted items useful.  Make these level zero cores have the ability to be upgraded within the mod system.  If there was, say a rare or uncommon level zero core that I'd get as a defense mission reward, though if I know that I can fuse any other mods into it, with reduce or no fusion energy loss, this would make those sorts of fusion cores very sought after as defense wave rewards.  Instead, when one comes up commonly people laugh on voice chat and near instantly click on "battle, due to the utter wordlessness of the "reward".

I know that I'm not the only one who feels disappointed when one of those level zero mods comes up.

Maybe... you know... make a "fusion core" an actual "core" for "fusion" of expendable/sacrificial mods into it, perhaps?  Like some sort of... I dunno... "fusion core" let's call it.

Thoughts?

Instead of allowing black fusion cores to be upgraded, wouldn't it just be simpler to have the defense missions award different levels of normal fusion cores?  It could look something like this:

Tier I:

Common Core 1 - 50% chance

Common Core 2 - 30% chance

Common Core 3 - 20% chance

Tier II:

Uncommon Core 5 - 50% chance

Uncommon Core 7 - 30% chance

Uncommon Core 10 - 20% chance

Tier III:

Rare Core 5 - 50% chance

Rare Core 7 - 30% chance

Rare Core 10 - 20% chance

To clarify, fusion core rarity would be determined after the game decides to offer a fusion core as the reward.  So the chance of getting a fusion core would still be the same as it is now. 

I get that the Rank0 cores are supposedly a bug (I think that has been confirmed at least once?)

But my question is....

The Defense Reward tweak happened several patches ago.

Why hasn't this been fixed yet, when it is a confirmed and widespread bug that results in useless junk items being rewarded out of sometimes difficult missions?

I can understand having to wait one or two patches, but 5+?