Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to copy Warframe game files to another PC by non-stream?

Avalgilda

Question

Hi everyone I have a Problem pls advice 

First i have 2 Computer and I'm try copy my Warframe folder but it's not work 

I want to copy my Warframe game folder to my another PC without download anything from beginning again because I have to move on new apartment and there are not fast speed Internet and it's hard to take my 2nd PC back home on weekend for only download the game :( 

and idea how to backup or help make me can move game files to new PC? Thank you >_<;

ps: sorry for my bad english skill

ps2 : my Game folder are on Drive:D but seem a Registor game files still on Drive:C but i don't know how to do 

Edited by Avalgilda

4 answers to this question

2 hours ago, FLSH_BNG said:

Simply copying the game files over isn't going to install the game on the second computer, you'll need to run the installation process properly or you'll just have several useless GB of data on your hard drive.

Apart from some things setups might need to add to your registry, this is simply not true. I've moved the files to another system via local network and found little trouble. Try moving them into a steam folder, then try to install warframe to the location you moved it from steam. It should give you the following prompt: "Discovering existing files...".

This will take some time. Afterwards try launching it over steam. If it doesn't work, try verifying the local cache over steam. A fresh install of the game is still suggested.