Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some weapons not in the codex

Jhaelen

Question

I've been slowly working my way through the codex, getting warframes/weapons etc to 30 and using the codex to keep track of the ones I'm missing. However, I have two BPs... one for the Dera Vandal and the other for the Sheev, neither of which I can find in the codex. I seem to remember the Sheev but I can't be sure. Are there omissions from the codex or am I missing something?

9 answers to this question

Some people couldnt stand having a uncompleted codex back when the old weapons were exclusive to the events the were released in so DE hid all exclusive weapons in the codex.

They only appear in the codex once you have aquired them

Edited by VikingoX

you can thank idiotic collectors for whining that the Codex listed normally unavailable Equipment as Equipment that exists in the game.
enough so that these items do not appear unless you already have them in your Inventory.

while we're at it we should delete words out of the Dictionary or creatures out of Encyclopedias because someone can't pronounce them or because someone doesn't like that you can't buy one as a pet.
or delete words that aren't normally used anymore or creatures that have gone extinct.
no sense in a complete listing of a type of information having complete information. that doesn't make any sense.

Thanks for clearing that up. That means I must have had the Ether Daggers at some point as I have the entry but not levelled to 30. Tbh, I'd rather have a complete listing so I can check progress as it will be a pain getting the parts for the Dera and the Sheev just to find out I'd already levelled them but that's just me:)

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

while we're at it

I sense you are extremely passionate about this particular subject so I won't delve into how incredibly overboard your examples are when compared to a game.

2 hours ago, Jhaelen said:

However, I have two BPs...

After you build them and take them out of foundry, they should appear in the codex.

18 minutes ago, Xekrin said:

I sense you are extremely passionate about this particular subject so I won't delve into how incredibly overboard your examples are when compared to a game.

Idk, man, I can totally picture the WF community removing words from the dictionary if they had the influence to.

Edited by VikingoX

9 hours ago, Xekrin said:

it's directly comparable actually. it's literally the same thing, in a different universe.
the Codex is a Dictionary/Encyclopedia of Warframe. so uh, yeah. it's the same.

"it doesn't matter because it's just a game" well then the complaints wouldn't have mattered either, then. either way it's still not a Codex anymore, because there are holes shot through it.

but we don't need to have a long discussion derailing the thread.