Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matchmaking Ping Limit

Laoshottie_X

How does it work? For example, I want to host because I know I got the upload speed for anyone in both west and east NA. If I set the ping limit to 100 and I join the game first before anyone else, making me the host, will people with 300 ping limit set in the options join my party? Or is it only people who have the same setting (100 ping limit) that can join?

Anyone can join you if their ping is set within what your ping runs, you only limit who you will join by setting your ping to something.

at 100 you barely join into mid matches, but if you are running 100 ping or lower you shouldn't have lag anywhere for anyone in your match, only on their side would there be lag.

Edited by BobBoberson

Ahh thanks, good explaination. Still kind of sucks that it takes ages for anyone to even join since I can host smoothly. I was wondering about all of this because my friend is usually afk during the day on hot days due to his computer heating up so much and I still want to play the game and I don't like joining parties with terrible hosts in the same region. Doors taking 5 seconds to open is not good.

Ahh thanks, good explaination. Still kind of sucks that it takes ages for anyone to even join since I can host smoothly. I was wondering about all of this because my friend is usually afk during the day on hot days due to his computer heating up so much and I still want to play the game and I don't like joining parties with terrible hosts in the same region. Doors taking 5 seconds to open is not good.

Yeah, the other issue is the fact hardly anyone does anything besides defense and boss runs. Could just be the fact no one is on the same mission for your issue of no one being around. Could hit up chat to ask people to just do runs?

I been doing all boss runs basically right now, gotta get those rare mats lol. Joined the game for about a week now, already rank 4 and got most of the planets discovered/completed besides pluto, eris, and sedna because I'm just getting my mastery up for clan weapons and seeing what I really like. But it's cool though, thanks for the info, That's all I needed to know

As far as I understand the ping limit, there's a set limit to how high a ping can be in the options for you to join, if you change it to say, 100 ms, then when it checks for other squads running that mission, it sees who the host is, and times how long it takes information to travel between you and the host. but remember this, just because their ping is under 100 ms, doesn't mean their upload is worth half a crap, I know mine isn't, and it's why I don't host XD. So there's still the possibility of receiving a ping under 100ms but lag in the match because of upload speeds.