The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mandatory mods damage 3.0

GrimAtrament

10 minutes ago, DxAdder said:

The top tier meta weapons in the game use either a status or Crit build to get there insane TTK/DPS

The number of " Mandatory" mods for max damage will always be eight unless you remove all of them.

By "mandatory mods", we are referring to "mods that are a requirement on all builds of all weapons of that weapon type" due to having no better alternative in all possible cases. If you're using a different definition, which it looks like you are, we're talking apples and oranges here.

2 hours ago, Callback said:

Point Blank, Hell's Chamber, Blaze.

Blaze is not a mandatory mod because Heat damage is sufficiently detrimental to certain builds. A Tigris Prime built for status, for example, should never use Blaze.

Edited by Inarticulate

9 hours ago, DxAdder said:

The top tier meta weapons in the game use either a status or Crit build to get there insane TTK/DPS

The number of " Mandatory" mods for max damage will always be eight unless you remove all of them.

Or they just use all damage mods available (tigris ?) which include multishot / corrupted mods / elemental.

Something needs to be done...

(and i'm not even talking about simulor full damage & firing rate stupid build)

Edited by Trichouette

To be fair if They remove the damage boost mods then other mods which dormant now or in the second-third line will become mandatory. This is just a bandaid solution and then they should look at the warframe mods too because all ability boost is mandatory so They basically should drop this modding system because recreate the same problems as we have now. Some times ago I talked about this but It seems I need reply myself. If They remove these damage mods then in return they need add as weapon passive stat boost which mean if they want to keep the messy balance then they should remove slots because the passive mods plus the other mods which takes the place overall gives you more powercreep because you can add more damage like addition into your weapon. Then the players will cry again how DE dare remove slots and why those stuffs so powerful again. Honestly the damage and armor scaling is a mess in this game and peoples butthurt most of them who got and maxed everything in the game and find the game too easy. Other side is there are peoples whom like the current system and dont want any changes. My opinion is still if they remove the mandatory mods then they not solve the problems instead make another powercreep. They should remove the mod system and replace it a better monitorized system which not creates huge gaps between us and the enemies. That could be a step for the skill based game but honestly I dont know why this should be the priority. This game is not decided yet if want to be a mob shooter game or a skill based game where the player itself can make the difference instead of the gear and frame abilities. Everything what they can do with the current system is patching and make bandaid solutions until become a messy thing. They will not remove the mods because they spent time to make this system but they added mods which op anothers are garbage. There are pretty much stuff in this game which is halfbacked and not overthought.

Edited by Sziklamester