Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let us continue to earn rank from level 30+ weapons and frames.

Vadriel

Forgive me if this subject has been posted before, as I am new to the forums. It is my understanding that players stop earning rank once their warframes and gear hit level 30. While I understand the importance of encouraging players to diversify in order to earn rank, it also discourages us from using our favorite gear once it has reached maturity. I think this is a mistake. There is something inherently unrewarding about seeing xp gains at the end of a mission on level 30 gear because as a player it feels like I have to retire the equipment I enjoy using the most in order to continue making progress in the game in the form of higher rank. However, I feel this can easily be rectified.

I propose that players continue to earn rank from gear that has already reached level 30, albeit at a much slower rate than what you would see from starting with a level 1 weapon or frame. Lets assume the amount of exp necessary to go from level 29 to 30 is 500,000 experience. (I have no idea what the amount is but lets just use this as an example) level 30+ ranks could be double or even tripple this amount. The experience necessary to gain level 30+ rank would be fixed, and could be earned an unlimited amount of times. Perhaps there could even be a method of tracking the number of 30+ ranks players have on a particular weapon so they can brag to their friends.

This would make players like me feel like they are still making progress during missions, even if it is very small. You also maintain the strong incentive for players to purchase and craft new gear, the purpose of a f2p game like this one. I would love to see something like this implemented. Feedback is always appreciated.

Edit: I probably should have clarified this earlier in my post. I did not mean to imply that there should be a whole new series of upgrades available post level 30 as someone below indicated. Gear would reach its maximum potential at level 30 and stay that way, you'd just be able to continue to gain rank with it.

Edited by Vadriel

I propose that players continue to earn rank from gear that has already reached level 30, albeit at a much slower rate

I totally agree except it should not be a much slower rate, it should be the same rate as from 29>30 - why make it slower? That's already slow enough.

I'd like to reference a great and terrible game called Call of Duty. If you guys are familiar with their prestige system. Players would gladly start from scratch over and over just to earn a flashy badge and a + 1 on ranking statistics. Could this also be implemented on warframes/weapons? At level 30 you are prompted asking whether or not you'd like to prestige, and it resets your warframe all the way to lvl 1. You're rewarded with perhaps new avatars for your profile, or maybe the suit itself changes (very minorly) for example the decal on the shoulders of the excalibur warframe would begin to emit light, and then become brighter during prestige ranks, or certain colors would mean certain ranks.

This would quantifiably introduce another level of competitiveness and boost the longevity of the game.

Look to the precedents, devs, and gimme dat flashy shoulder badge that sparkes n S#&$.

Edited by Mojokillz

I'd like to reference a great and terrible game called Call of Duty. If you guys are familiar with their prestige system. Players would gladly start from scratch over and over just to earn a flashy badge and a + 1 on ranking statistics. Could this also be implemented on warframes/weapons? At level 30 you are prompted asking whether or not you'd like to prestige, and it resets your warframe all the way to lvl 1. You're rewarded with perhaps new avatars for your profile, or maybe the suit itself changes (very minorly) for example the decal on the shoulders of the excalibur warframe would begin to emit light, and then become brighter during prestige ranks, or certain colors would mean certain ranks.

This would quantifiably introduce another level of competitiveness and boost the longevity of the game.

Look to the precedents, devs, and gimme dat flashy shoulder badge that sparkes n S#&$.

+1 to both this suggestion and the OP's suggestion.

Por+que+no+los+dos+_831fe91cbc3c0faacfc5eb672e29b80c.png

Edit: I probably should have clarified this earlier in my post. I did not mean to imply that there should be a whole new series of upgrades available post level 30 as someone below indicated. Gear would reach its maximum potential at level 30 and stay that way, you'd just be able to continue to gain rank with it.

Well edited.

Otherwise I wouldn't have agreed with you.

So yeah, kind of "gaining" levels without actually getting anything new?

Except that one number what indicates your level just increases, nothing else.

Well, this shouldn't really break anything.

No need to add anything new.

No need for balance or actually no need for anything.

I'm okay with this.

+1

I like trying new weapons but have some favorites as well. It just feels likes to get high rank I have to get all the warframes and weapons (which might be the intention) BUT having to buy and sell weapons as I rank them or buy platinum so I get more slots seems... off to me.

increasing the rank limit or adding prestiege only DELAYS the problem what you need is a solution

World of Tanks has what is known as free exp, which is no matter what tank you use, you earn a small amount of free exp that can be used to upgrade any tank, upon getting all possible upgrades for a tank (maxing it) the tank becomes "elite" where all exp earned and stored on the tank can be turned into free exp (for real money cost) now if we implament this in warframe using either real money credit to free exp, ingame credit to free exp, or even just no downside at all free exp with perhaps a decreased earn rate would have to be tested and balanced.... that is what beta is all about after all.

but I agree I have maxed my Excalibur prime & HEK and enjoy using them and there looks.... however every time I use them I feel like im gimping myself by not using something I dont enjoy nearly as much because I dont get anything for it.... I dont feel this way when driving my fav tank in World of Tanks (the chaffee a tier 5 light tank) since I know I can use at least some of the exp to help go up my british medium tree.

Edited by STARSBarry

I happen to be encouraged to diversify. If you were to add such a function, would that not discourage diversifying because everyone loves one particular weapon they have access to? Although the prestige concept is nice, I just wonder what sort of benefit could be offered (in CoD, you can do certain things, like perma-unlock a weapon), because "more Mastery points" is only temporarily useful when trying to achieve X rank.

Although really, they need to flesh out what all mastery rank should be doing. Currently it really doesn't matter much save for two weapons being locked, so I'm not even seeing a point to wanting so many additional ranks.

i like the OPs idea i love my trinity and snipertron and i dont want to sell and re buy just to move up another rank also there are weps that i realy have no interest in.

as for presteage i like the idea of cosmetic changes and maby giving you more base hp, shield, and energy. for every presteage. as for weps i think ammo and clip size is all i would put into them due to most weps are high damage alrdy

or maby alowing another catalist/reactor to be placed (this means 2 upgrades and so on). this would make you start over from lvl 1 and with each presteage making you work another 15 lvls or so b4 your next (i would max to presteage 2(max lvl 60 when u finish) thats 132 lvls for you to grind through) with this method i would say the maps would have to catch up to the lvls as well XD

This probably won't happen, Devs would probably prefer you to get new warframes, buy new slots, and spend plat.

Thing is, that would still be the far more efficient means of acquring rank more quickly. This would merely give players an incentive to play with weapons that have already reached max level.

something like paragon levels like in diablo 3 would be something maybe? small bonuses and slow levling pace?

But atleast you get something out of it? not that im a fan of diablo 3 really path of exile 10 times better but, the paragon system would work out here problem is only then they might have to rescale some things?:)

The incentive to using your maxed out gear is stomping bosses flat quickly to get those blueprint drops you want or that your friend wants if you're playing with them. Or farming mats faster. The bonuses are in time reduction and ease of use in doing things in game. You don't really need some shiny badge or free cookies to go with it.

The incentive to using your maxed out gear is stomping bosses flat quickly to get those blueprint drops you want or that your friend wants if you're playing with them. Or farming mats faster. The bonuses are in time reduction and ease of use in doing things in game. You don't really need some shiny badge or free cookies to go with it.

yeah but u will never lvl up your acount if you use your maxed gear and thats the issue.