Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoiler] Thoughts on the new system

AdunSaveMe

1 minute ago, AdunSaveMe said:

I dunno, it's not all bad. They have cool concepts. The problem is just not letting something grow before you move on.

But focus reworks are coming with expansions to the new operator thing. Eventually. It's confirmed.

Like I said, gold that is smeared with grime or feces. Nothing gets fully fleshed out, almost always a lotus that never blooms

Giving the operator lots of HP would somewhat ruin the idea that the operator is supposed to be vulnerable.  Maybe give the operator a large overshield that steadily ticks down while active, and only recovers while inside the Warframe?  This way the operator has some protection, but can't be out for the whole mission without becoming vulnerable.

24 minutes ago, Echowing said:

Giving the operator lots of HP would somewhat ruin the idea that the operator is supposed to be vulnerable.  Maybe give the operator a large overshield that steadily ticks down while active, and only recovers while inside the Warframe?  This way the operator has some protection, but can't be out for the whole mission without becoming vulnerable.

That doesn't really solve many problems though.

Again, maybe a slight bit more HP and an increase in damage output would fit nicely with the idea that the Operator is a Void-touched mutant "demon child" who cannot withstand a whole heck of a lot of damage to his physical form. I like the idea of being able to fight as the Operator and switch between that and Frame usage at will. More face-melt from Operator powers is my main complaint. If they hurt like they're supposed to be able to (and I get the notion that it was direct Operator intervention that won he Old War), HP wouldn't matter much.

2 hours ago, Dobravolets said:

I see what you're saying, SethCypher... that said, I think DE meant for Operator gameplay to be a distinct change of pace: squish and less agile, but, as in TSD, capable of melting face like nobody's business

If that's the intent the void laser needs a massive, massive, massive buff. It's a joke even on sedna much less in sorties.

1 hour ago, Cpl_Facehugger said:

If that's the intent the void laser needs a massive, massive, massive buff. It's a joke even on sedna much less in sorties.

This is true... Which is why I like the idea of DPS based off of a proportion of the enemy's HP and perhaps their relative size (ie heavy units, footsoldiers, or cannon fodder).