Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The War Within Feedback

EyeLaikCheez

Before I start, I haven't actually completed or even started the quest. This thread is mostly about the sortie changes and the "endless" missions.

Probably not. I mean it's funny how you release a hotfix right after the update. That means that you guys still haven't finished The War Within! We waited ~6 months, we expected an amazing update and yet here you are trying to copy The Second Dream. Obviously, you didn't actually copy it. What you did do though was that you relied on the success your previous "quest" update had and assumed that this one would be equally successful. I'm sorry but so far this update has been average. It's not as bad as SotR but it's still pretty average. Why? Well it's quite simple actually and honestly I'm a little bit frustrated that I have to explain this considering the fact that over 20% of the players voted that they wanted a different "endless" mission system. Yet you continued with your original plan and gave the players credits booster, affinity boosters and resource boosters. Are you serious? I'm sorry but I'm not personally willing to stay for another 20 waves to get an extra 10k credits etc. That's pathetic. After nerfing credit rewards with SotR you decide to give us credits through void fissure missions? And to top it all off you introduced the Pedestal Prime or whatever as a credit sink decoration, I'm assuming you did that to give players some motive to actually stay for that credit booster. In case you think I'm hating on you, or that I'm bashing the developers without a reason, let me explain one more time: The players wanted endless missions to require ONE relic/key/whatever, we don't care whether or not the credits are boosted or the resource drops etc. If we want affinity, credits, resources we run other missions. Players run void missions for prime parts so give us prime parts. Basically, I don't like the path that DE has taken as of late with the void missions.

Now, let's talk about Sorties: I really like the new system. By making TWW a requirement your moving Sorties closer to the end game. However, one thing that I would like to see is a larger variety of rewards. (Assuming the "mystery item" that you mentioned isn't a single item that is but a variety of "mystery items")

Just now, Clazzeh said:

I enjoyed the story and the update, before you judge it maybe you should actually, oh I dont know, play the main features of the update rather than instantly hop onto the forums and complain.

I didn't judge the quest, this whole thread is about endless missions and sorties. I'm assuming you didn't read it.

Just now, EyeLaikCheez said:

I didn't judge the quest, this whole thread is about endless missions and sorties. I'm assuming you didn't read it.

I did, you complain about how they are trying to copy second dream, I assume you played second dream fully before complaining.

If you dont want people saying that then you shouldn't mention the second dream and how the update is copying it if you haven't played the full update, I for one like the changes to endless missions. Being able to use up lots of relics quick is handy.

If you have such an issue with it then post up a solution, though being able to farm from one relics drop table with no other drop table being used is rather stupid as you wouldn't even need many relics anymore and relics would in of themselves become valueless.

Now how about you try the full meat and potatoes of the update before you make judgements.

11 minutes ago, Clazzeh said:

I enjoyed the story and the update, before you judge it maybe you should actually, oh I dont know, play the main features of the update rather than instantly hop onto the forums and complain.

Sorry that you are triggered by criticism but you are missing the point of this post even if it be that its poorly titled and it being peppered with salt

Edited by CephalonSimaris

3 minutes ago, CephalonSimaris said:

Sorry that you are triggered by criticism but you are missing the point of this post even if it be that its poorly titled  

Its poorly titles and presented, paragraphs man.

Now if your complaint ifs that you feel like it could do with improvements, list your changes you reccomend, provide actual constructive criticism, list your points, and make it something thats not a text wall. Then maybe people wont misunderstand your view. For example.

-You should use paragraphs to separate your issues.

-You should make points of what you think can be improved or tweaked

-You shouldn't compare this to second dream if you haven't played it through in its entirety yet.

However I still disagree on your problem due to the fact that I like the changes, easy as that and

3 minutes ago, Blood_Poppy said:

The Only Annoyance about WW Are The Graboid are Too Fast in the cave.. -_- 

Amen

1 minute ago, Clazzeh said:

I did, you complain about how they are trying to copy second dream, I assume you played second dream fully before complaining.

If you dont want people saying that then you shouldn't mention the second dream and how the update is copying it if you haven't played the full update, I for one like the changes to endless missions. Being able to use up lots of relics quick is handy.

If you have such an issue with it then post up a solution, though being able to farm from one relics drop table with no other drop table being used is rather stupid as you wouldn't even need many relics anymore and relics would in of themselves become valueless.

Now how about you try the full meat and potatoes of the update before you make judgements.

You do realize that a lot of players wanted this update because endless missions would be "fixed"? That's what I wanted at least. DE is aware of this issue since SotR. If 6 months isn't enough to come up with a solution that's not my problem. If you read carefully you'll understand that I didn't actually say that this is a copy of The Second Dream. Please be more open to ideas, and don't be so easily triggered. This is constructive criticism. Believe it or not, I actually want this game to improve, that's the whole point of this thread so please don't say that "I'm complaining" and that I "haven't tried the full meat and potatoes of the update" because believe me I have. For the past 6 months I tried the SotR and I wasn't happy with it, this update, in my eyes dodges the problem instead of resolving it. I'm sure a lot of players feel the same way.

Just now, EyeLaikCheez said:

You do realize that a lot of players wanted this update because endless missions would be "fixed"? That's what I wanted at least. DE is aware of this issue since SotR. If 6 months isn't enough to come up with a solution that's not my problem. If you read carefully you'll understand that I didn't actually say that this is a copy of The Second Dream. Please be more open to ideas, and don't be so easily triggered. This is constructive criticism. Believe it or not, I actually want this game to improve, that's the whole point of this thread so please don't say that "I'm complaining" and that I "haven't tried the full meat and potatoes of the update" because believe me I have. For the past 6 months I tried the SotR and I wasn't happy with it, this update, in my eyes dodges the problem instead of resolving it. I'm sure a lot of players feel the same way.

Again, a paragraph shouldn't be that big. And you are the one text walling me with how I'm wrong due to disagreeing with you due to your comparison to the second dream update.

Endless missions are fixed up well enough in my opinion by the by.

1 minute ago, Clazzeh said:

Again, a paragraph shouldn't be that big. And you are the one text walling me with how I'm wrong due to disagreeing with you due to your comparison to the second dream update.

Are you going to keep giving English lessons on the Warframe forums?

6 minutes ago, CephalonSimaris said:

Are you going to keep giving English lessons on the Warframe forums?

Yes, it will help you get your point across and cause far less confusion if my initial understanding of your post was wrong I can assume other people will have that issue. Utilizing bullet points and paragraphs would help a lot.

6 minutes ago, Clazzeh said:

Yes, it will help you get your point across and cause far less confusion if my initial understanding of your post was wrong I can assume other people will have that issue. Utilizing bullet points and paragraphs would help a lot.

Well there is obviously no confusion because you responded to his point, why belittle him because you disagree? He thinks endless missions need to be changed and you don't that's fair enough right? 

17 minutes ago, Clazzeh said:

Edited by CephalonSimaris

10 minutes ago, CephalonSimaris said:

Well there is obviously no confusion because you responded to his point, why belittle him because you disagree? He thinks endless missions need to be changed and you don't that's fair enough right? 

Well his response about English lessons was a single sentence, easy to understand. So I responded, please dont get salty over some constructive criticism.

If he thinks the missions need to change he should outline clearly his points as to what he thinks could be changed/added to improve it instead of text walling people. All that accomplishes is confusing the issue and leaving people with apparently the wrong impression, meanwhile a good layout, clear and concise points helps convey your ctriism and makes it seem a lot less of a "complaint" or "rage" post.

I enjoyed like 80% of this update because most of it are QOL changes(i appreciate this greatly also the flawless perfomance throughout the whole quest despite having a couple of annoying bugs i think its OK)but with the exception of the Riven mods. I think they are just uneccesary powercreep that slowly kills the game. That said what happened to the Damage/Armor 3.0 plan? Is this just something for us veterans to look up to so we keep playing? I don't know but it triggers me when you guys(DE)add stuff that ruin the current meta.

Long i've yearned for a deeper modding system but not like this. We can do alot more by just rebalancing values of mods so every build can be just as good as every other one. Whoever thought that riven mods were a good idea should try to visualize the future of warframe with it.

Got one advice for the devs. Don't be scared to change stuff because this game is yours not ours. "We"only give feedback. Stop adding stuff just because you think WE want it. Add stuff if YOU want it. Like how you added AW in the game. Players never appreciated it because you didn't give it time to grow and get polished, never bothered to improve drops etc... Don't leave out your ideas deserted because with our feedback you can help your ideas be much better.

Also focus system. 

Edited by Scherhardt

Just to toss in my two cents, games almost always have bugs on initial release. The reason is that a development team can only test so many aspects of it when compared to the variety of playstyles and thought processes of a huge player base. Add in additional complications of warframe/weapon/companion combinations, not to mention, introducing completely new mechanics and a bug-free release is practically impossible. The best a dev team can do is produce something that mostly works then have the players test it. If not, well, then any update would be in development hell for years.

I agree that the endless fix isn't really a fix. My issue is there is no real benefit to utilizing the endless aspects of prime farming. Just restarting the mission after completion is just as effective. If there was a better drop rate after X amount of relics I could then see a reason to do it.

Just read patch notes previous statement invalid.

Edited by Grebnennar
Read Patch notes

To me you make an update you should try to use actual gameplay mechanics that make the game popular not timing puzzle quest that 90% of the players don't enjoy.  Secondly locking people into an endless loop where they can't do anything else if they are stuck is a surefire way to lose players.  I love this game but the 2nd dream and the war within quest were by far the most annoying aspect and I lost clanmates because of it.