Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka - I See Why Nobody Uses This!

Tatersail

0.975? what is it?

would be nice if you could explain your calculation :)

and whats dph?

why shouldnt you compare snipers in dps?

we have enough enemys most of the time, so you can spam your shots and still hit.

if a rifle can be fired only once in 2.5s against a rifle who can fire 1.5 times per second and still kill...thats big difference.

Just try Snipetron Vandal agaisnt Lanka in defense. You will see the difference.

Lanka can pick out one enemy at a time, Snipetron can kill 4 in the same time.

And snipetron has the better element.

btw, please dont caps ;)

0.975? what is it?

would be nice if you could explain your calculation :)

and whats dph?

why shouldnt you compare snipers in dps?

we have enough enemys most of the time, so you can spam your shots and still hit.

if a rifle can be fired only once in 2.5s against a rifle who can fire 1.5 times per second and still kill...thats big difference.

Just try Snipetron Vandal agaisnt Lanka in defense. You will see the difference.

Lanka can pick out one enemy at a time, Snipetron can kill 4 in the same time.

And snipetron has the better element.

btw, please dont caps ;)

critical chance man.

DPH, is damage pre hit, i use sniper for one shot-one kill, dps best to compare guns that do "multi shot-one kill".

Hek always have less dps than braton(even when braton got 18 damage pre bullet, braton still have higher dps than Hek)but most ppl'll say hek is better, why?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

without primed chamber, snipetron V.  need atleast 2 bullets to kill ancients on pluto 12 waves+, but lanka can use 1 bullet to do it until wave 18, at higher and higher waves ammo effective is more important than "Dps"

that's why without primed chamber, Lanka still the best sniper for infested and Corpus defence.(dread the best bow).

Edited by Cary2010haha

sure, snipetron would not be that ammo efficient, but as you said "snipetron v needs 2 bullets while lanka needs 1 bullet..."

snipetron can still kill two of them in the same time. and it could kill smaller enemys faster.

and against ranged-enemys...time is money.

if there is a bunch of Ancients...Vortex...against Infested you have usualy a Vauban in your team.

at higher waves you can also use abilitys like Rhino Stomp or Saryn Miasma to kill them.

Sniper rifles will usually deal onehitkills, so it is important of how many enemys they can kill in the same time.

against infested...there is not realy an effective sniper rifle (only dread).

they are fast, charge towards you, they come in huge numbers...not realy a good battlefield for a sniper :s

Dread is the most effective "rifle" in my opinion. it has the same critical damage as Lanka, but is much faster and can hit multiple enemys.

DPH is fine, but its not everything. the same counts for DPS. Everything is based on a balance between DPS and DPH.

a weapon with a high DPH -> high Ammo Efficiency, but low RoF -> low DPS is not realy usefull, because it is far too slow for our gameplay.

a weapon with low DPH -> low Ammo Efficiency, but very high RoF -> high DPS is also very situational. look at the Twin Vipers, they will eat your ammo so fast...that they are also not usefull as a "primary used weapon"

for example bossfights, i remember times when Hyena could regenerate to its max shield during your reload time, while you could not shoot the shield down and damage the HP.

Snipetron Vandal is balanced in these categorys.

High RoF, Good AP DpH, Fast Reload...its fast AND strong - thats were a dps number becomes handy.

Lanka has realy low RoF (its the slowest rifle) but very high DpH and Fast Reload. Its only a Hard Hitter. Not usefull against the groups we usually fight against.

Dread is also one of these incredible good snipers. Its fast, can hit multiple targets, and has the highest critical multiplicator -> it has the same critical damage that Lanka has.

If Lanka would be a Market Rifle...no problems...but its the most Expensive Weapon ingame with the slowest killingspeed of all.

Edited by LazerusKI

Lanka best sniper now, 250 dmg serrated dmg type ignore armor + primed chamber available

/thread over

Okay, now try to actually use it and compare it to any other sniper. You'll notice you're doing far less actual work until you get into lv150+ territory, which still basically doesn't exist and is a @(*()$ chore anyway.

It's a horrible gun to actually use and no amount of damage buffing will change that.

You're most likely using Primed Chamber I imagine.

Should try Sonar + Primed Chamber + Phorid (it deals triple damage to him), and see what kind of number you get. Throw on Rifle Amp, and get a buddy for Rhino Roar if you really want to show off.

So... Lanka is now a sniper Orthos...

I feel like this thread is about to take a very sudden turn.  Also, Lanka is now anti-infested, making it smash dread into the ground of uselessness >.>

Orthos is overrated and is lanka now the sniper with the biggest damage in game but vandaltron still better anyway derp

Edited by Dasmir

I am pretty sure you have metrics...  do they tell you nobody is using the Lanka?

I have never seen anyone using it, I just got it today and I understand why!

its... just ... so bad...

Even with Rapid fire at high level it takes ages to charge, its often seems to lag, the charge sound has gone off and still nothing when you let go...  then you have to charge again!

You get to rank 7, you farm 5 fieldron, you wait 6 days, you potato and Mod it, you wait almost 2 seconds to charge...

and the result is a terrible travel time nuke that needs to lead its target to hit... hits 1 target doing a pathetic 200 electric damage.

Dread and Paris do 150, with alot more reliability.

if it was a "rail gun" with 5-10m pierce.. and more speed on the projectile.

and/or if you removed the charge mechanic.

and it needs Alot more damage.

I mean Ogris has the same charge mechanic, has pretty much the same projectile speed and sniperishness... and deals 500 aoe damage!

Ogris only needs rank 6

why is a higher mastery rank gun, doing less.. alot less single target, when aimed that a Weapon that you just point in the general direction.. and deals AOE...

My friend used it and said she liked it but so many other say negative stuff. I'm avoiding it. Rail gun would be nice though. 2 second charge is ok for a powerful rail gun effect.

• 2 months later...

watch this video:

if this video doesnt convince you how good the lanka is nothing will.

I have everything ready to build this, but to be honest, that video made me think using this weapon means about 2.3 hours to complete a mission (solo), and unless you have a frame to vanish and run away over and over, you would be dead. Edited by Fiia