Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka - I See Why Nobody Uses This!

Tatersail

I am pretty sure you have metrics...  do they tell you nobody is using the Lanka?

I have never seen anyone using it, I just got it today and I understand why!

its... just ... so bad...

Even with Rapid fire at high level it takes ages to charge, its often seems to lag, the charge sound has gone off and still nothing when you let go...  then you have to charge again!

You get to rank 7, you farm 5 fieldron, you wait 6 days, you potato and Mod it, you wait almost 2 seconds to charge...

and the result is a terrible travel time nuke that needs to lead its target to hit... hits 1 target doing a pathetic 200 electric damage.

Dread and Paris do 150, with alot more reliability.

if it was a "rail gun" with 5-10m pierce.. and more speed on the projectile.

and/or if you removed the charge mechanic.

and it needs Alot more damage.

I mean Ogris has the same charge mechanic, has pretty much the same projectile speed and sniperishness... and deals 500 aoe damage!

Ogris only needs rank 6

why is a higher mastery rank gun, doing less.. alot less single target, when aimed that a Weapon that you just point in the general direction.. and deals AOE...

What Lanka and other laser {or plasma} weapons need is this: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/63985-dodgy-suggestion-regenerative-ammo-for-laser-weaponry/'>Regenerative Ammo

even this! https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/64776-laser-weapons-and-charging-ammunition/'>Charging Ammo

They're all great weapons though, just too funky to be used thanks to these inconveniences.

Edited by CapricaSix

Well the damage from the Ogris sales down the farther the enemies are from the center of the explosion. So it's not 500 damage to everything in the area. It's still stupid powerful though. I also think it's stupid that it draws form the rifle pool instead of the sniper pool.

Sorry, but the Lanka is a beast.

1. Why do people always complain about the charge? It is a weapon which requires a high mastery rank for a reason. You have to play this game for a while to anticipate Your enemies (although I admit, that the enemy AI is sometimes quite unpredictable due to its stupidity). Furthermore You can pre-charge the weapon and then pick Your shot. With a fully maxed Speed trigger Mod the charge time is fast enough imo, and when You play this weapon for a while You get into a pleasant rythm.

2. Comparing it to the Ogris is just simple minded. Of course the Ogris is more effective, its a freakin rocket launcher. The Lanka on the other hand has a learning curve and actually takes skill. The Ogris is just fire and forget. The only skill with this weapon is to not kill Yourself :) Also with the Ogris it doesnt matter at all if You miss a shot, my god it is impossible to even bring this weapon anywhere near the necessity to pick up ammo drops. The Lanka and other sniper weapons on the other hand force You to pick shots.

3. The magazine size and reload time make it superior to the Snipetron and Vulkar in that respect.

4. The bullet flight time may be the most difficult part of the weapon. But here also it takes skill to anticipate the distance of the target and the direction it is moving. If You didnt already know, You can use Volts Shield to turn Lankas projectiles into hitscan to get rid of this feature altogether and give it extra damage. The only major issue with that however is that it wont work atm when You are not hosting...

So in conlusion: This is not the most effective weapon out there, but it might be the most rewarding, if You mastered it.

P.S. I potatoed the weapon and Formad it 5 times for the perfect Elemental - Crit build...

Sorry, but the Lanka is a beast.

1. Why do people always complain about the charge? It is a weapon which requires a high mastery rank for a reason. You have to play this game for a while to anticipate Your enemies (although I admit, that the enemy AI is sometimes quite unpredictable due to its stupidity). Furthermore You can pre-charge the weapon and then pick Your shot. With a fully maxed Speed trigger Mod the charge time is fast enough imo, and when You play this weapon for a while You get into a pleasant rythm.

2. Comparing it to the Ogris is just simple minded. Of course the Ogris is more effective, its a freakin rocket launcher. The Lanka on the other hand has a learning curve and actually takes skill. The Ogris is just fire and forget. The only skill with this weapon is to not kill Yourself :) Also with the Ogris it doesnt matter at all if You miss a shot, my god it is impossible to even bring this weapon anywhere near the necessity to pick up ammo drops. The Lanka and other sniper weapons on the other hand force You to pick shots.

3. The magazine size and reload time make it superior to the Snipetron and Vulkar in that respect.

4. The bullet flight time may be the most difficult part of the weapon. But here also it takes skill to anticipate the distance of the target and the direction it is moving. If You didnt already know, You can use Volts Shield to turn Lankas projectiles into hitscan to get rid of this feature altogether and give it extra damage. The only major issue with that however is that it wont work atm when You are not hosting...

So in conlusion: This is not the most effective weapon out there, but it might be the most rewarding, if You mastered it.

P.S. I potatoed the weapon and Formad it 5 times for the perfect Elemental - Crit build...

The problem people arent familiar with snipers in this game and DE seems to hate snipers too (Snipertron remove for silly lore cought)

Edited by Dasmir

Wait... Lightning has travel time?

At that point why not just use a Paris/Dread?

Go to the Wiki, look at the advantages/disadvantages, decide which weapon fits your playstyle, stop asking unnecessary questions...

No, that title goes to the Flux hands-down. Lanka isn't even the second-worst, that's the Prova.

Modded correctly the Flux insta-kills many enemies in a instant.

Not sure how you classify the Lanka, Ignis, Prova...or even the Torid as better weapons than the Flux.  Quite the confabulation.

Edited by mogamu

Wait... Lightning has travel time?

At that point why not just use a Paris/Dread?

Lanka has a huge base damage so the mods like AP or other scales really well, enought to compensate the base lightning damage, so in the end you are going to do more damage with lanka than a snipetron, paris or dread in single shots.

No, that title goes to the Flux hands-down. Lanka isn't even the second-worst, that's the Prova.

No, Flux is fun to use eventho it eats your ammo in seconds(+ it's godly against infested unlike the other energy weapons), Prova on the other hand is fastest charging weapon i've ever used I can clear a pluto mission in a breeze with it.

Lanka best used in stealth. I find it very slow when doing a mission as I'm the type of player who prefer speed than strength.

watch this video:

if this video doesnt convince you how good the lanka is nothing will.

ist even trully fully modded, he could insta kill those bosses with critical damage/chance and hellfire.

Even without a forma and at rank 24 I was doing 12k damage crit hits with Banshee Sonar.

Now after a forma I'm killing lvl 50-70 Corpus Techs in one shot, Narcissus defense.

One thing the OP needs to keep in mind that damage mods scale very well with the 200 base damage. It's my favorite sniper rifle and the 10 round clip/fast reload is a big advantage over the Vulkar.

If nothing else, I'd like to see the charge mechanic gone. It is annoying and cumbersome, and doesn't actually add anything to the feel of weapon. I can see it for flavor reasons on bows and maybe even on the ogris (although it could very well be ditched there too), but on a sniper gun with a projectile flight time it's just meh.

the Lanka sounds not bad, i wish i would have it.

At higher levels the Normal Damage is worthless, but because of its high base damage the AP for example scales very good.

if i have calculated it correctly, Lanka would have nearly the same damage as Dread, with normal and with Critical hits.

I would just wish for a better or Natural Puncture, so that i can turn my future Lanka into a Railgun.

Aaand of course a Flux RIfle Buff...

I wish it wasn't dealing the one type of damage that did nothing against the most beefy enemies in the game and was only really useful against the one faction that doesn't really have any beefy enemy variant. It's like using an anti-materiel rifle to shoot unarmored infantry. Woefully pointless.

Now if you change the damage to normal or AP... I'M going to use it. It will be my baby.

Edited by krisp

For a sniper rifle this is really bad, the travel time should be very little to non-existant.

I have the Dera, which is an assault rifle, so having a little travel time on that is fine (because it's considered a plasma weapon, and it's used for closer range).  I mean the Dera has perfect accuracy as well, so you could basically snipe with it too. Fully modded, just point and shoot a full clip, and it does the same thing.

The Snipers should have a considerable advantage in accuracy and projectile travel time.

Now I'm not gonna build the Lanka...

well I forma'ed this stupid thing, just to get multishot on, its not getting leveled a 3rd time.... I want 9 hours of my life back! and sorry... still don't get it

I put all max damage Elementals on it, and serration 12

I tryed running a t3 with it solo....  it just takes forever....  I sat there munching ammo packs because I ran dry after about 20 mobs

I jumped down to a T2, seems what this gun is made for, Only issue is my 3x forma deathcube kills level 40 mobs before the charge sound kicks in, I had to come back with shade

It just seems so....   uuuh, I can't see any situation where Other weapons don't do what it does way way better.

Sure it has 200 base Electric damage, Acrid is doing 100 base damage, and I can squeeze off almost 10 shots in the same time, with almost as good accuracy given this things travel time issues, and its armor ignore

I did some infested defense, and yea you can walk up to a level 142 ancient floating in Bastille and charge 6 shots into its foot at point blank range...  700 - any other gun is better

Saying you can 1 shot a boss with a Banshee and a fully modded gun.... Lato can probably do this.... not impressed

and yea, watch the video mike posted...  watch him shoot phorid with pretty much 0 effect, then cut the video, watch him struggle to take down normal mission mobs, see how long the boss mobs last!

IIRC he comes back to the corpus boss with a sniptron (none electric) and shows its a better weapon

Vulkar seems to do everything this gun can do with a better fire rate, no annoying charge issues, and better travel time.

I loved the response about Ogris, You can't compare this to Ogris because.....  because..... Ogris is a rocket launcher!

ok?

This gun has the same charge, same travel, Worse ammo efficiency, deals 400 less damage, is not aoe - is simply outclassed in every way by a lower mastery rank weapon and thats all fine because..... its called... "a rocket launcher"

Edited by Tatersail

watch this video:

if this video doesnt convince you how good the lanka is nothing will.

I didn't see anything to write home about, to be honest. Either that or you haven't seen a lot of weapons modded to a decent standard. My Hek is modded to roughly the same standard and gets better DPS against the same bosses (and at higher levels) to boot since it doesn't need to charge (in the time it took him to fire individual rounds, I could've emptied my entire magazine into Phorid's face) and for the most part, at the ranges he was using it at, the Hek wouldn't suffer damage falloff either.

Edited by Taranis49

I beg to differ here, on two accounts.

1) Flux can be an amazing weapon provided you mod it correctly and that might include adding ammo stock to the gun (that seems to be a downfall with it, however it can be a beast).

2) I have no Idea why people always say Prova is a terrible weapon. Are you serious? While it may not be the BEST melee weapon.. it is FAR from the worst clan weapon or normal weapon for that matter. It can do some great damage.

Although I must say... all of this generally depends on your play style and what you like... every weapon can be Great in this game. The only weapons I've found that are terrible no matter what conditions are these;

MK1 Braton - Burston - Kraken - Machete and for the clan weapons  Ignis (havnt tried Lanka yet).

I feel those weapons need some reworking (maybe not the MK1 due to the starter thing, however the rest do). 

All of the other weapons in the game minus those 5 can be great if modded right... 

And I'm sure ANY weapon can be amazing if fully Polarized.

All in all though... thats just my opinion. 

Edited by lludu