The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Frame Rate Lag Once Exiting Warframe

RustyNaps

Sorry about my english, I am very tired right now and words aren't coming to mind as good.

Hello, I just got a new GPU; the Nvidia 660GTX ti. I turn all my settings onto max because I love blinding myself :3 but once I exit Warframe my whole computer starts to skip frames on everything. By everything I mean everything, all my other games will have a frame rate of 15 or below, youtube will also play back videos at a choppier frame rate, and even typing like I'm doing now feels super sluggish but Warframe if I launch it again has perfect framerate. 

I feel like it is either the Nvidia Physx setting that is causing this or my GPU is faulty but this is the only game that bogs down my whole PC after playing. 

PS- I can fix it by restarting my PC but if I get on Warframe again I'll have to restart it again. It's very tedious.

UPDATE: My frames come back if Warframe is running in the Background, But as soon as I exit they drop again.

UPDATE: It may be one of the settings in Warframe itself causing the FPS drops on every other program. I am looking into it.

SOLVED: Found out the problem! The Anti Aliasing was applying itself to not only Warframe but the whole entire system causing lag when another AA was on. It seems the AA might be connected to my GPU somehow, messing with the central settings. I'll keep it off for now.

Edited by RustyNaps

Sorry about my english, I am very tired right now and words aren't coming to mind as good.

Hello, I just got a new GPU; the Nvidia 660GTX ti. I turn all my settings onto max because I love blinding myself :3 but once I exit Warframe my whole computer starts to skip frames on everything. By everything I mean everything, all my other games will have a frame rate of 15 or below, youtube will also play back videos at a choppier frame rate, and even typing like I'm doing now feels super sluggish but Warframe if I launch it again has perfect framerate. 

I feel like it is either the Nvidia Physx setting that is causing this or my GPU is faulty but this is the only game that bogs down my whole PC after playing. 

PS- I can fix it by restarting my PC but if I get on Warframe again I'll have to restart it again. It's very tedious.

It's because of memory leaks.

^^^that & whats your graphic driver? if its the latest you need to revert back to 314.22 the new drivers have issues also nvidia stated it themselves about the prob with the latest drivers.

Edited by MakubeX

^^^that & whats your graphic driver? if its the latest you need to revert back to 314.22 the new drivers have issues also nvidia stated it themselves about the prob with the latest drivers.

I did revert it back but it still has the problem, I feel like trying was right, it could be a memory leak.

UPDATE: My frames come back if Warframe is running in the Background, But as soon as I exit they drop again.

Did you uninstall your old video card's drivers before installing the new ones for your 660GTX ti? Ideally you want only one driver update to be on your machine at any one time. 

Did you uninstall your old video card's drivers before installing the new ones for your 660GTX ti? Ideally you want only one driver update to be on your machine at any one time. 

Yes, any driver installation from Nvidia has you uninstall the old one. I rolled back and installed the perfect 314.22 driver and it was working fine until this morning. But when I installed this new driver I had my settings on Warframe to low everything (infested defense is laggy) and when I exited my fps was fine but when I put them back on high again and exit Warframe my FPS issues come back.

I have a feeling theres a faulty setting in my steam version Warframe that simulates a memory leak. I'll look more into this Digital Extremes.