Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Spoilers Alert] Focus School

Kai

Warning! If you have not finished The War Within, I highly suggest you leave this thread and complete the mission. If not, read on!

So right now, I have been thinking that with all the cool things that our Operator can do, they seem to be a lackluster outside of Kuva Siphon Missions and doesn't really serve anything else... so here I am to propose something that might change that and bring new things to the table in terms of interaction and play!

For what we currently have, our Operators are capable of performing a Void Blast (E), Void Walk (Ctrl), Void Dash (Ctrl + Space), Void Beam (LMB) and Transference (5). As well as having 5 Focus School that we can freely pick, the main idea is that upon activating a specific Focus (Holding 5 during a mission), your Operator gets empowered and some of their abilities gets a slight modification with some awesome perks that can be used outside the Kuva Siphon Mission.

Madurai - Destructive power in its purest form

• Void Blast and Void Beam deals 50% of the damage from Phoenix Gaze.
  • Void Beam lasts longer and deals increasingly more damage the longer it is held.
  • Triggering a Transference to return to your Warframe now emits a Heat Nova in a 6 meter radius. This has a 30 second cooldown.

Vazarin - Control within the realm of impossibility

• Void Walk now lasts twice as long.
  • Void Dash can be performed twice in succession and will now stuns enemies that you pass through for 4 seconds.
  • Void Blast can now be held to project a barrier that nullifies incoming shots.
  • While in Operator Mode, your movement speed is 80% more faster.

Naramon - Eyes with extraordinary insight

• Void Walk now reveals enemies through walls and obstacles.
  • Void Dash will reveal Weak Spots on enemies that you pass through.
  • If forced to return to your Warframe while in Operator Mode via damage, creates a Radiation Nova in a 6 meter radius. This has a 20 second cooldown.
  • Triggering a Transference to enter to your Operator grants you a 6 seconds Invisibility. This has a 30 second cooldown.

Unairu - Unparalleled fortitude to withstand the tide

• Operator gains additional 50 Health.
  • Void Blast now restores 10 Health for each enemy struck.
  • While using Void Beam, the Operator is immune to Crowd Control effects and will continuously drain 5 Health from enemies.
  • While in Operator Mode, if they were to take fatal damage and be returned to their Warframe, they instead recover all of their Health and gain a 2 second Invulnerability. This has a 60 second cooldown.

Zenurik - Purge any advantage they find

• Void Blast now emits in a 4 meter radius around you and temporarily removes 80% of the enemy's armor. The enemy recovers their Armor within the span of 4 seconds.
  • If your Warframe is under the effects of Status Proc, entering Operator Mode will cause allow your Void Blast, Void Beam and Void Dash to inflict the same status proc.
  • Void Beam can extend up to 10 meters. If it hits an enemy, the beam splits into nearby enemies around the target.

There's a tendency to limit Madurai to damage (which is a little boring). Even the set of new features you list are a little on the short end for Madurai. Buff Madurai. Think about:

• creative damage
  • support damage
  • utility damage.

Not just straight damage buffs. It's boring and will drive people to the other schools. I can already do insane damage with warframe abilities and weapons.

Also, more damage the longer Void Beam is held doesn't sound feasible: there's already a finite amount of time we can hold down the beam. Suggest making the beam last longer.

Compared to Madurai, as is currently the case, the other schools are more appealing. 

Can we not repeat those issues with new concept powers for the schools, too?

Otherwise, these are good ideas.

Edited by Rhekemi

8 minutes ago, Rhekemi said:

There's a tendency to limit Madurai to damage (which is a little boring). Even the set of new features you list are a little on the short end for Madurai. Buff Madurai. Think about creative damage, support damage, utility damage. Not just straight damage. I can already do that with warframe abilities and weapons.

Otherwise, these are good ideas.

While I indeed thought about that, these suggested features are mainly for the Operator and not for the Warframe or Abilities, which is mainly the reason I provided a Madurai Operator more damage output to set them differently from the other schools and closer to their aspect of dealing damage. Although I am planning to see if I can add a Operator + Warframe Combo (wherein specific conditions triggered by your Operator/Warframe will allow your Warframe/Operator to perform a special Void move).

Nowhere in my post did I say you should work on a combination of powers warframe and operator powers.

I said I can already do an insane amount of straight damage with my weapons and warframe: why would I want just a straight damage buff to my Operator's powers?

I think you misread my meaning, but I've also edited my post since then. Please re-read.

I know Madurai's role. It's my primary school. My point is you have a really good idea, and a good start, but compared to the other schools, Madurai is underpowered and lackluster: repeating issues we already have with the schools. 

Again, I'm suggesting you build either creative damage, support damage, or utility damage into the Operator's powers for that school. It's still damage, just less boring than damage buff.

Edited by Rhekemi