Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Mild Spoiler] Riven Mod Guide

MichelPostma

Question

Hey there Tenno, 

I hope you all had an amazing War Within. If not, this is a small guide for one of the rewards after completing The War Within. It won't spoil quest details, but if you don't want to know anything at all before doing the quest, You Have Been Warned!!!!

Now we've seen the new Riven Mods, there is a new mod mechanic in the game. Not only is this a mod which isn't common, uncommon or rare, it also works differently than normal mods. That's why after many people asking me about the mods I've decided to throw up a quick guide to the Riven Mods.

I've got a small video explaining the details of Riven mods for you here, but if you want to read on, take a look down below for some  ;)

Acquisition: You will receive your first Riven Mod from completing the War Within quest. For further Riven Mods you will have to turn to the sorties as it's in the sortie reward tables. 

The Challange: Riven mods won't do anything if you haven't done the challenge which is written in their description. So be sure to find the mod and equip it accordingly (e.g. equip the rifle riven mod on a rifle). The challenge generally speaks for its own and does not have to be completed within one mission. 

Obtaining the mod and beyond: Once you've completed the challenge, the mod will be revealed. Mods are limited to one specific weapon and are generally a good buff to that weapon. Do keep in mind though that you may currently only have 15 Riven mods. So if you don't have the riven mod you would like to have, you have to option to randomize it in your mod section and change the stats. However the weapon for which the mod is meant is set. YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE WEAPON

I hope I've sorted any questions you may have, if not, feel free to post them down below :)

Edited by InglriousB

10 answers to this question

On 11/13/2016 at 10:50 AM, ShadowsUmbra said:

randomize the stats as in changing the type of buff it gives right? i.e cold-->heat

Yes, but waaaay more stats are present and you should also know that the stat rerolls will be entirely random. To point, you can get a Lanka mod that initially has 105% impact damage, 50% magazine capacity, 87% cold damage, and -125% damage on it. I actually pulled that initially. >.> You can then reroll that mod and get entirely new stats on it. That particular mod rerolled into 125% crit damage, 82% toxin, 45% magazine capacity, and -114% puncture. Even the amount of stats on the mod when rerolled are random. You could go from a 4 stat mod down to a two stat mod.

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)R3d P01nt said:

If you level up the mod, does it still allow you to re-roll it?  And, does it keep the same level, or do you have to feed more endo into it to level it back up?

Rerolling the mod won't reset its level.  It will stay the same level as the previous roll. Thank goodness!