Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Confusion about Trinity's link skill

Excessive_Paranoia

Question

I've read some threads that indicate that this skill only prevents 75% of incoming damage, but then it also says on the wiki that it reflects 100% of incoming damage to the target. Which is it? I've had experiences where I take no damage while its active, and then others where I've melted like an ice cube on the sun, so I'm confused about how exactly it works.

8 answers to this question

Its worded a bit strangely but how I understand it is like this:

The skill Reflects 75% of damage taken

100% of the damage you take is reflected - all damage you take (even friendly / self, including status effects) will be be reflected. 

i.e. every time your hit it will always reflect back to enemies, but you will still take some damage. The reflect 'proc' is 100%

Just now, Buff00n said:

You receive 25% of the damage you would have gotten.  Your link target receives 100% of the damage you would have gotten.  They don't have to add up to 100%.

So in this case, "reflect" does not equate to "prevent"? 75% of the damage is prevented, while 100% is given back to the target. The question I have about that is whether that 75% / 100% is only from the target that is linked to, or if its all damage?

Just now, Excessive_Paranoia said:

So in this case, "reflect" does not equate to "prevent"? 75% of the damage is prevented, while 100% is given back to the target. The question I have about that is whether that 75% / 100% is only from the target that is linked to, or if its all damage?

It's all damage.  Any damage is reflected to your 3 link targets.

3 minutes ago, Buff00n said:

To be honest, the damage most enemies do is laughably outweighed by their health pools, so the 75% damage reduction is the only number that really matters.

I have noticed this... In theory, getting shot by 10 lancers should kill the one I'm linked to, but instead, it does basically nothing to them. Thanks for the information though.