Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Killingblow And Pressurepoint Should Be A Single Mod

CubedOobleck

I completely agree, both because having both the mods in one isn't going to work to anyone's detriment, but will encourage mixing up attacks, and also because then the scaling could make some sense by giving them both the same %damage buff.

I mean, why is it that they scale on a different number at all? Why wasn't +90% damage on both the logical option? They'd still have the same damage ratio as always, charge attacks would still do the same relative level of damage. I honestly don't understand the logic behind making the higher flat number affected by the higher % value.

I think it'd be cool if all melee damage was rolled into Pressure Point (with 20-25% damage per rank), and Killing Blow was something like increased execute/stealth damage or further increased damage the lower an enemy's health is.

Melee in general still needs some kind of rework, though. Maybe Kogake could be a step in the right direction, with its knockdown attacks and high normal/execute damage. Of course, not all weapons would have to be like that, but Kogake's interesting, at least.

Edited by Farge

Problem with normal melee vs charge melee is the fact that charge melee deal substantially higher damage and ignore armor which makes it essential in higher level where armor scaling is out of hand. Normal attack deals less damage, and most of them are reduced by armor.

Combining both mods, pressure point and killing blow, into one mod doesn't change anything except make the customization even more shallow that it is which is undesirable (for me). It doesn't make normal melee more viable in lategame.

Honestly, why do we have killing blow? Why don't we just calculate charge damage based on normal damage and give each weapon different multipler?

Problem with normal melee vs charge melee is the fact that charge melee deal substantially higher damage and ignore armor which makes it essential in higher level where armor scaling is out of hand. Normal attack deals less damage, and most of them are reduced by armor.

Combining both mods, pressure point and killing blow, into one mod doesn't change anything except make the customization even more shallow that it is which is undesirable (for me). It doesn't make normal melee more viable in lategame.

Honestly, why do we have killing blow? Why don't we just calculate charge damage based on normal damage and give each weapon different multipler?

That is for another day.

Primarily we will want to buff melee normal attacks like now.

For example Kogake has proven that normal attacks don't need to suck, while it's charge attack is a non armor ignoring Rag doll attack.

The Fragor for example is now weak unless we use charge attacks. Which it is easily outperformed by Scindo, Gram + Orthos which have AP charged attacks, faster swing rates and to top it off, their charged attacks get the x3 slashing bonus.

Making normal attacks more viable will make "weaker" blunt weapons like the Fragor, Bo, Amphis, Ankryos and Furax more attractive (although technically Furax is the best charged single DPS weapons :p ).

Edited by fatpig84

With both mods merged, you can choose whether you want to use a charged attack on an enemy or a normal one like you can with bows.

If a normal attack is enough for an enemy you can just use one, if it isn't, you can still resort to a charged attack, without having to change your mod layout.

There are many mods that you must have, no matter what and mods that you can choose freely. (Example: Rifles will usually be equipped with damage, multishot, 3 elements and AP, leaving 2 slots for the player to choose freely)

There aren't many mods you can choose freely for melee weapons, though, if you want to use both, normal and charged attacks.

You will have to use charge damage and speed, normal damage, attack speed, 3 elements and AP.

All 8 slots are used up just to be able to accomplish this and you can't even put melee range on your weapon any more, which would be the next choice for most players out there.

Merging charge and normal damage mods would free one slot to choose the mod of your liking, which will be reach for most players.

Merging charge speed and attack speed may open another slot, though.

There is only one problem with this: There aren't that many other mods to choose from.

So basically neither do we have any choice considering how we use our melee weapons (it's either always spam charged attacks or always spam normal attacks), nor do we have much freedom as of what mods we want to use, as most mods are quite essential to a proper build for melee damage.

Merging charge damage with normal damage and attack speed with charge speed will definitely open room for customization.

Edited by Tyrian3k

Updated the post after going through the comments, it's more complete now.

Moving to Gameplay Feedback.

Thanks, I wasn't sure where this went, I thought weapon feedback since mods are closely related to weapons, but gameplay makes sense too :P

Edited by CubedOobleck

Not sure if trolling or just $&*&*#(%&...

I think $&*&*#(%& the very thought is insane.

Overall I agree with the OP, word for word. Normal attacks should have just as much of a purpose as charge attacks. It gets pretty lame when you end up using charge attacks on even the weakest enemies. It's pathetic. So I think Killing blow should be put away and Pressure point needs a buff while supporting both normal and charge. 

Consider yourself supported. XD

ONE MOD TO RULE THEM ALL

lol

You make it sound like you disagree with me, but besides your desire to get rid of charged attacks, we are saying the same thing: if charged attacks were just a multiplier of regular attacks then PressurePoint would work on both regular and charged attacks, like what I described.