Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Taking Suggestions on Riven Mod Challenge

Retequizzle

Question

I'm honestly not sure if this is possible, since getting their attention to begin with is required for them to spawn.

588f20a4f00b22beced9d314ff985c3b.png

I tried the Crossfire Exterminate with Ivara, the kills there don't count towards Sentient totals.  Which means I have my doubts about it working in Survival or Mobile Defense, but I'm willing to try those as well.

In the meantime, anyone have any suggestions on how to go about completing this?

11 answers to this question

I got the same task like the one you have right here, kill five Sentients. It doesn't require you to kill all 5 of them in one mission. I did my in the crossfire exterminate on Lua in 3 rounds (first time with a group and the rest just soloing). As long as it was you get the kills, it should count. 

Sorry, now I look carefully, your task isn't exactly the same as my. Yours requires to kill the Sentients without raising any alarms... It might refer to the mission itself, which is probably  going to be in Spy mission without purging any alarm before killing them; or stealth kill them in any type of missions.

As for the spy mission on Pavlov, I am not sure if the Sentient would spawn there due to I don't play spy in Lua that often. I can't really give you too much of advise towards this one. In survival mission though, the enemies are always alarmed. Therefore I don't think it would be that case. Unless you don't start the mission before they spawn. 

However, if the task requires you to stealth kill the Sentients, you can try to use some of the warframe's abilities, such as Excalibur's Radial Blind, Equinox's Rest & Rage, Inaro's Desiccation, Ivara's Sleep Arrow or Mirage's Prism to complete the challenge.   

I can confirm that Ivara's Sleep Arrow will not reset their alert status and, as a result, does not contribute towards the challenge.  Unless I'm doing something wrong, but I don't think I can be any stealthier than Prowl + Sleep Arrowing multiple times to reset their attention/alert status.

This might sound a little stupid for me to ask: have you equipping this riven mods on a rifle while you were doing the challenge? sorry, I am just trying to find out what the problem might be. 

Edited by Megportal
s and without s

23 minutes ago, Vexagohn said:

The solution for this is just sell that mod and problem solved. Find another one. Lol.

TRsRIdR.gif

However!

I did find a technical way to unlock this mod.  Squad of 2 (or more) on Lua - Plato, rest of the squad goes invisible and stays invisible with Loki/Ivara.  Go into the first/second room, kill a few things.  Once the lights flicker to signal the Oculyst's arrival, get its attention then head backwards through the map a few rooms so that the Battalyst/Conculyst do not spawn on the other enemies in the tileset.  If they are attracted to the Grinner/Corpus within the map, they will continue until either the map is cleared or they die. 

At this point assuming the previous conditions have been met, let yourself go into bleedout and then kill the Sentients.  While you're bleeding out, they will become temporarily "un-alerted" as long as your squadmates stay out of sight and (preferably) remain invisible during the fight. Undying Will is recommended to make it easier on yourself.

That being said, this way is utter bullS#&$ and shouldn't be considered an "official" way to unlock the mod.  It's dependent on abusing enemy AI to the point that you can't do it alone and requires everyone else to effectively let you die, which goes against the cooperative mentality of the game to begin with.  The only reason I was able to extrapolate this much is because I had an insanely lucky G3 spawn at exactly the same time as the Sentients, which allowed me to go into Bleedout while solo and kill a Sentient.

DE, please address this.

11 minutes ago, Retequizzle said:

TRsRIdR.gif

However!

I did find a technical way to unlock this mod.  Squad of 2 (or more) on Lua - Plato, rest of the squad goes invisible and stays invisible with Loki/Ivara.  Go into the first/second room, kill a few things.  Once the lights flicker to signal the Oculyst's arrival, get its attention then head backwards through the map a few rooms so that the Battalyst/Conculyst do not spawn on the other enemies in the tileset.  If they are attracted to the Grinner/Corpus within the map, they will continue until either the map is cleared or they die. 

At this point assuming the previous conditions have been met, let yourself go into bleedout and then kill the Sentients.  While you're bleeding out, they will become temporarily "un-alerted" as long as your squadmates stay out of sight and (preferably) remain invisible during the fight. Undying Will is recommended to make it easier on yourself.

That being said, this way is utter bullS#&$ and shouldn't be considered an "official" way to unlock the mod.  It's dependent on abusing enemy AI to the point that you can't do it alone and requires everyone else to effectively let you die, which goes against the cooperative mentality of the game to begin with.  The only reason I was able to extrapolate this much is because I had an insanely lucky G3 spawn at exactly the same time as the Sentients, which allowed me to go into Bleedout while solo and kill a Sentient.

DE, please address this.

Yeah that is kinda dumb, I got this as well and am extremely confused. I really hope they patch this soon.

3 hours ago, Retequizzle said:

TRsRIdR.gif

However!

DE, please address this.

OMG. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! 

I had the exact same unlock requirement and was having a tough time figuring how I could work around it. You, my friend, are my saviour!