Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remember When You Said You Were Working On Making This Less Grindy, De?

PaleMinerva

Or did I misunderstand?

As things stand, the game is nothing but grind. Grind bosses for blueprints and resources, grind mobile defense for experience, grind Xini for modules, grind the Void for Forma to continue grinding, and what's at the end of it? To trivialize the already-easy combat even further?

inb4 b-b-b-but it's a beta

The point of it being beta is so that things like this get ironed out (though this is the sort of thing you figure out in alpha, not beta). It's not an excuse to leave things as they stand. I understand that you're winging it, but that's half the problem - you don't seem to have a direction in mind for this game, so it just keeps expanding and getting new tilesets and weapons every now and again, and it's all leading to nowhere in particular. What goal do you have in mind? Is there a goal in mind?

And add a survival mode. No cryopod in need of defense, just players against an endless horde of progressively more difficult enemies for progressively better rewards. That alone will validate some portion of the grind.

Edited by PaleMinerva

Well, i remember.....

Also dont forget to add more weapons instead of actual content/lore/whatnot which u have to grind for & in return when its crafted one has a new tool to grind even more.

Warframe?

More like WarFARM

Edited by D3thpool

well it would seem you answered you own concerns here. it just hasn't been ironed out. So instead of raging, stop and think for a moment to prevent yourself from making you look like an idiot. Common sense (something you may lack, can't tell) would dictate that this has not yet been ironed out and that they are working on a solution.

inb4 b-b-b-but it's a beta

The point of it being beta is so that things like this get ironed out (though this is the sort of thing you figure out in alpha, not beta).

well it would seem you answered you own concerns here. it just hasn't been ironed out. So instead of raging, stop and think for a moment to prevent yourself from making you look like an idiot. Common sense (something you may lack, can't tell) would dictate that this has not yet been ironed out and that they are working on a solution.

Common sense would say he's pointing it out as something that needs to get ironed out fast. I think that's called feedback. I'll admit, though, that the tone should have been less pointy.

If this game reduces RNG and it becomes less of a grind, there will be no point of rarity. It's bad enough this game has such a lack of diversity. And end game right now is farming, but to make it easier!? The games already easy mode!!!!

I do agree though about the survival, would make the grind worth it.

Edited by RogueSpecter

Your survival idea would make an awesome random event also!

Extraction is unable to pick you up. The spacecraft got toasted or whatever. Your squad is trapped in the hangar and needs to hold out at the extraction point until pickup arrives. Only a few waves of enemies to reduce frustration with being so close to obtaining your rewards.

Or alternatively, the hangar is inaccessible and your squad needs to backtrack and bust one of the Corpus ship windows and jump out into space where the spacecraft picks you up.

If this game reduces RNG and it becomes less of a grind, there will be no point of rarity. It's bad enough this game has such a lack of diversity. And end game right now is farming, but to make it easier!? The games already easy mode!!!!

I made zero mention of RNG. I don't know where you're pullng that from.

I thought this was addressed in the livestream. The whole 'story of Mercury' and the coming stories of the other planets give a sort of storyline for which you fight. 

Lore's fantastic and great, and it runs out. Lore doesn't last, and it does nothing for player retention.

The wasn't intended towards you, it was quoting the livestream about grinding and RNG, they are reducing it further, meaning even more pointless gameplay :(

Fair enough.

Your survival idea would make an awesome random event also!

Extraction is unable to pick you up. The spacecraft got toasted or whatever. Your squad is trapped in the hangar and needs to hold out at the extraction point until pickup arrives. Only a few waves of enemies to reduce frustration with being so close to obtaining your rewards.

Or alternatively, the hangar is inaccessible and your squad needs to backtrack and bust one of the Corpus ship windows and jump out into space where the spacecraft picks you up.

I should mention, emphasis on "endless" and "horde." Less emphasis on survival. I'm talking Serious Sam numbers of buff-as-hell baddies that you fight until you're dead.

I was under the impression they were planning on a seasonal storyline. It would give some purpose at the very least. 
The survival mode sounds cool, but it's basically Halo's Firefight mode, not to mention it'd make Endless Defense redundant. Unless the drop tables were different.

I do agree though about the survival, would make the grind worth it.

RNG is not the only way to make things rare.

Reducing pointless grind does not necessarily mean making it easier.

The survival mode sounds cool, but it's basically Halo's Firefight mode, not to mention it'd make Endless Defense redundant. Unless the drop tables were different.

Personally, I don't think they're redundant. I prefer to fight for my life rather than babysit a static, poorly shielded coffin. In a "fight for your life" mission you can run all around the level with no downsides. Of course, other people will prefer the regular defense mode, so they can make it optional or an additional game mode.

I'm waiting until Update 9 before I make any further judgments on DE's performance.

Though I will admit I do prefer a "we'll test and launch major fixes as we do them" approach instead of "we'll test all the major fixes we plan to do and then launch them" approach DE wants to do, and I won't fault people if they feel like the latter is unacceptable and leave the game. Different standards of patience and all that.

(Also, hiring someone who can basically be like Rebecca but is essentially solely dedicated to keeping everybody updated on what the team's working on and/or having a page dedicated to what DE feels is fine, what DE is willing to change, what DE is already planning to change, etc, a bit like that status of the game page Xenonauts has wouldn't hurt.)

Personally, I don't think they're redundant. I prefer to fight for my life rather than babysit a static, poorly shielded coffin. In a "fight for your life" mission you can run all around the level with no downsides. Of course, other people will prefer the regular defense mode, so they can make it optional or an additional game mode.

I like it, but I don't expect the reward yield to be quite as good as the babysitting :(

And there are already some interesting Corpus defense maps to run around on.  There needs to be a mode that properly rewards the mobility warframes are capable of and a survival mode could be that.  Endgame currently being stand in the snowglobe with the pod is a waste of potential.

And add a survival mode. No cryopod in need of defense, just players against an endless horde of progressively more difficult enemies for progressively better rewards. That alone will validate some portion of the grind.

Agreed,im sick of defending cryopods again and again,a survival mode would be great without having to defend anything but yourself to survive the onslaught of enemies,it would be cool if not only infested come at you but maybe the Grineer or corpus show up as well which would add a little mix to the situation but at the same time make it more challenging.

Look, I don't mind grinding really, when there's a learning curve and some new stuff to discover. If I hated grinding I wouldn't play rpg's, and the truth is : I love 'm. What gets me with warframe is that grinding here won't help you, at the beginning of every grind is an infernal slot machine called RNG that only makes sense if you look at it from a "totally rigged" point of view.