The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

This Game Sometimes Just Refuses To Frame Textures.

Acidulant

This sometimes happens yes. I dont know what triggers it but it has been happening to me multiple times where my textures are stuck at very low quality until I restart.

Edited by R3leaZ

Fix what?

You've not provided an example of what your referring to. Very hard to fix what they can't see.

If you so insist,

http://i.imgur.com/Q5TGGCh.jpg

Exactly what the title says. It just refuses to load frame textures occasionally, whatsoever.

I have truckload of extra VRAM to handle larger textures, so the problem is not on my end.

Weird, Can't say I've seen this happen in my game.

Are you running Nvidia or ATI? I know the ATI cards tend to drop texture quality to achieve higher fps unless you specifically set it via profile not to.

Im running nVidia EVGA GTX 570 and it happens to me at times.

happens to me sometimes but it loads eventually. Never got stuck. I have an hd 7770. not high end at all.

When it eventually loads then it is not the issue. Since the engine loads low quality textures first and then high quality ontop of them.

What we mean is that sometimes instead of doing that process it gets stuck at low quality and you would need to restart the game to fix that.

Im running nVidia EVGA GTX 570 and it happens to me at times.

I'm running a GTX 570 too, but not a EVGA model. I run a 3d monitor with dual screen out with quality slightly preferred more than performance.

I can honestly say i have not seen this happen before. I've seen textures completely missing from the game due to lag from host, but never blurred textures on the war frame.

I'm running a GTX 570 too, but not a EVGA model. I run a 3d monitor with dual screen out with quality slightly preferred more than performance.

I can honestly say i have not seen this happen before. I've seen textures completely missing from the game due to lag from host, but never blurred textures on the war frame.

Running GTX 480 from EVGA here.

It eventually loads for most of the time, but sometimes it just gets stuck.

I have had this happen with various games on my Radeon HD. It was solved by setting Mipmap Quality to maximum + ignore application settings. I don't know if you can set mipmap quality in your Nvidia control panel, but it might be worth a try.

EDIT: To clarify, what this does is force every game to load only the highest quality texture in the mipmap, rather than loading better and better textures as you get closer to the object. I have not noticed any kind of performance hit from doing this.

Edited by UnearthedArcana