The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TWW questions [could be spoilers]

RainDH

So I’ve completed TWW, congratulations to me. Quest was cool, I did like the story and composition, some surprises and lore.

As always, there’re some "buts" about what we get after it:

– What’s up with the choices in this quest? If I understood correctly, they do not affect anything and only thing you get from them is the icon in your profile. Can anyone explain what is the reason? There was so much hype about these "choices" and "variable cut-scenes", I expected ending at least more like choosing the school in final sequence of Second Dream. Also, hah, why "Balance" icon isn’t made in same style as "Light" and "Dark" ones? :) 'Cause I liked them much more… and, of course, was a bit disappointed, since I didn’t even thought that my choices won’t result into something more significant than profile pic, and I made them accordingly to my character preferences.

– Transference thing is really fun, except for I’m not sure how to use it on regular missions. Maybe Void Mode could be useful on Spy or Rescue modes, but what about other high level modes? As far as I noticed void energy run out real fast and you can’t do much damage or distraction before enemies draw you back in your warframe.

– Kuva is just the another new resource for crafting? But I hoped for new Operator upgrades, and new void mods be somehow related to them...  Oh, come on, DE! :( Please, make something for us to get rid of hundreds of thousands of alloy, polymers, salvage and other old trash that almost none of a players (except newbies) do not use anymore...

~choices likely set up the next quest they have planned.  Or perhaps they are meant to further claim your identity on your operator.  maybe both.

~As it stands right now it's only good purpose is for kuva farming.  when the focus system gets revamped and added in with the operator system it will probably have more uses or at least be a usable option in missions for fun.

~yup.  Just like nitan this resource besides rerolling the riven mods will be used for new weapons/frames for a little while.

10 minutes ago, RainDH said:

– What’s up with the choices in this quest? If I understood correctly, they do not affect anything and only thing you get from them is the icon in your profile. Can anyone explain what is the reason? There was so much hype about these "choices" and "variable cut-scenes", I expected ending at least more like choosing the school in final sequence of Second Dream. Also, hah, why "Balance" icon isn’t made in same style as "Light" and "Dark" ones? :) 'Cause I liked them much more… and, of course, was a bit disappointed, since I didn’t even thought that my choices won’t result into something more significant than profile pic, and I made them accordingly to my character preferences.

Its just there now, just for fun atm, no other purpose, but it will change later on.

11 minutes ago, RainDH said:

– Transference thing is really fun, except for I’m not sure how to use it on regular missions. Maybe Void Mode could be useful on Spy or Rescue modes, but what about other high level modes? As far as I noticed void energy run out real fast and you can’t do much damage or distraction before enemies draw you back in your warframe.

Other than kuva cloud capturing and guardian killing, it's just for fun atm, no other purpose, but we'll see more operator objectives as time goes on, I'm sure.

13 minutes ago, RainDH said:

– Kuva is just the another new resource for crafting? But I hoped for new Operator upgrades, and new void mods be somehow related to them...  Oh, come on, DE! :( Please, make something for us to get rid of hundreds of thousands of alloy, polymers, salvage and other old trash that almost none of a players (except newbies) do not use anymore...

Yes, crafting resource and riven mod recycling only atm.

The concern is real too, crafting should cost less credit and more materials because of the things you mentioned.

Well we can only speculate. BUT.

Choices:

We don't and can't fully know exactly what the choice system and the "personality meter" (read below) is meant to be, because they didn't tell us in game or in Devstreams. However i'm pretty sure that's intentional to build up a mystery for the full system that will come later. Also it may be that they want us to do these choices which visibly affect the "personality meter" of our Tenno, without directly knowing the consequences that will happen later. Because that would add to the mystery and make players more carefull about their choices at the moment.

Now the reason i call the white/black or light/dark meter as "personality meter" is because looking back at the events, it's obvious that meter displays the general personality of our Tenno. However not necessarily between good and evil, because it's clearly somewhat based on the yin/yang system. However unlike the somewhat similiar system of Paragon and Renegade in Mass Effect, here it seems that the middle ground is a valuable option. Light in these choices meant rejection and agression, Dark choices are embracing and peace, the middle ground is controll meaning accepting something without fully embracing it. All of these can be good or bad, given the consequences and situations.

Speculation:

Now here is something about the whole personality meter i like to speculate. At the end of the Quest, we had that brief moment were the Tenno was talking to him/herself, in their own voice, but it was presented like another person talking to them. Said voice made a reference to the past on board of the Zariman.

As we learned in the quest, the Zariman was lost in the Void for quite some time and the children were forced to hide from or kill the now crazed and desperate adults. The fact that the Tenno are amazingly calm and disciplined after the whole thing is downright amazing. Unless we remember the Teshin comments that ol' friendly Margu did something to the Tenno's minds for their own sake.

Now as someone who played Metal Gear Rising: Revengance and Metal Gear Solid 2, something quickly came to my mind. To make it short. In both these games you play a man named Raiden (real name Jack) who as it turns out is a former child soldier and killer, who has tried to convince himself of being a heroic soldier or noble neo samurai. Essentialy trying to escape what he was forced to do as a kid in order to survive.

Thinking about that, it becomes easy to imagine the Zariman kids had themself turned into hardend ruthless survivalist until, they got brainwashed into believing themself to be the noble Tenno soldiers. Which suddently makes Ordis quite the right choice as Cephalon for them.

So what we saw at the end of The War Within and what could give the Quest name another dimension, might very well be your original Tenno's personality. The "personality meter" would then likely indicate which of the two minds is dominant or both could be in balance.

This could be used for various ways one could buff or modify the Tenno or even the Warframe (perhaps even tied to the whole Umbra thing everyone seems so hyped about).

Edited by Othergrunty