Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Primary Tier

Oleker

I agree vera, I can't like this weapon no matter how hard I try, I have tried. its probably the "best sniper" for corpus, the calculations on the other threat clearly show Dread is the best sniper for the other factions.

All I was really trying to say in this thread is not that its Trash but...

as the best sniper for 1 faction in the game, in a game where snipers are "Situational"  I think it should be ranked in Volt_cruelerz pretty spot on table as... "situational" not a solid all round weapon :)

Well, that's far more constructive than I expected, so thanks for that. As such I'll take back what I said about not responding and quite happily respond ^^

The charge mechanic is definitely a bit awkward, the travel time takes some getting used to, but you can easily chain shots together better with the Lanka compared to the Dread, making the Lanka "better DPS" in the longer term. Though as far as burst goes the Dread pulls ahead due to the crazy crit multiplier on certain areas (and lands dead even on others), meaning they're close to even on burst (one being better at one group, one being even/better on a couple of others). I'd say go for whichever you're more comfortable with, the Lanka being numerically superior for effective DPS, and situationally higher/lower burst damage than Dread. They're not so far apart as to be game breaking in one direction or another, even if Lanka's effective DPS on a dummy is higher.

TL;DR: Lanka has better numbers for effective DPS due to not having to reload after every shot, and has very similar burst (better and worse in some situations). There isn't enough of a difference to force yourself to use Lanka over Dread if you absolutely abhor Lanka as a weapon, even if it's theoretically 10-20% better.

Based on this ranking system here's how I would rank the Primary weapons (I own them all except for Ignis, Torid, Dera, Snipetron and Braton Vandal)

Tier 1: Boltor, Ogris, Latron Prime
Tier 2: Strun, Boar, Supra, Lanka
Tier 3: Latron, Paris, Gorgon, Braton, Hek
Tier 4: Burston, Vulkar, Flux Rifle
Tier 5: Grakata

Guess you really can't use the HEK .Or paris.Or gorgon. :D

Guess you really can't use the HEK .Or paris.Or gorgon. :D

Those are my preferences only and based on my experiences. In no way did I state in my post that it is absolute fact. Feel free to disagree and post your own thoughts on those weapons/rank them yourself. :)

Those are my preferences only and based on my experiences. In no way did I state in my post that it is absolute fact. Feel free to disagree and post your own thoughts on those weapons/rank them yourself. :)

My post stated the same,in other words,those were your preference, but if it sounded rude or snarky,i apologize.

To me the model for "tier list" weapon should be :

Tier S : Good against anyone,very ammo efficient,good at high levels :

Boltor,Hek (I never used latron,so i can't tell how good it's damage can be against high levels) Paris/Dread

Tier A: Good against anyone even at high levels,but NOT ammo efficient :

Boar, Gorgon, Braton,

Tier B :Not so good,but funny to use regardless of their flaws

Grakata , Burston

About vulkar,clan weapon and strun,again,never used those,so i can't tell for sure.

Edited by JusticeJack

I mostly agree with Volt_Cruelerz, just changed a few of them

Tier 1: best in class, these weapons are stupendous for what they do.

Tier 2: fantastic weapons, these are going to be a great addition to any arsenal

Tier 3: good weapons that can be used to great effect

Tier 4: weapons that are generally outshone by others of the same type or generally mediocre

Tier 5: junk/too situational

Tier 1: Ogris, Hek

Tier 2: Latron Prime, Torid, Boltor, Supra, Braton

Tier 3: Paris, Dread, Gorgon, Dera, Boar, Strun

Tier 4: Burston, Latron, Vulkar, Grakata, Snipetron, Lanka

Tier 5: Ignis, Flux Rifle

I mostly agree with Volt_Cruelerz, just changed a few of them

Tier 1: best in class, these weapons are stupendous for what they do.

Tier 2: fantastic weapons, these are going to be a great addition to any arsenal

Tier 3: good weapons that can be used to great effect

Tier 4: weapons that are generally outshone by others of the same type or generally mediocre

Tier 5: junk/too situational

Tier 1: Ogris, Hek

Tier 2: Latron Prime, Torid, Boltor, Supra, Braton

Tier 3: Paris, Dread, Gorgon, Dera, Boar, Strun

Tier 4: Burston, Latron, Vulkar, Grakata, Snipetron, Lanka

Tier 5: Ignis, Flux Rifle

May I ask why you bumped up the Braton, classifying it above the Dera?

Grakata bottom tier?

Losing more faith in humanity....

If it were a little less of an ammo sieve, it would easily be up there as one of the best rifle-type weapons, but even as it is now, it doesn't deserve to be lumped in with things like the freaking Flux Rifle.

Sure, because of the higher RoF + Hitscan Bullets, these 2 features makes Braton more reliable than Dera imho

Not to mention Braton is a lot easier to get and use than Dera

I actually have higher accuracy by a couple percent with my Dera than Braton.  It took a while, but I eventually got used to it and became quite effective with it.

Grakata bottom tier?

Losing more faith in humanity....

You have to restock it with ammo packs.  Now with the current balance of credits in the game, that's irrelevant, but even so, it's an inaccurate gun with terrible ammo economy.

I actually have higher accuracy by a couple percent with my Dera than Braton.  It took a while, but I eventually got used to it and became quite effective with it.

The skill ceiling required and the cost (Braton is same effictiveness but costs like 95% less than Dera to make) do counts to me :)

That's why i think Braton is overall better