Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Weekend Suggestion] Give Players Another Last Chance To Purchase Braton Vandal And Snipetron

Guyver.Prime

EDIT: Well, for those of us who got did the event, we got the normal snipetron as a BP and the vandal version awesomeness =D

Hi,

I am one of the many(?) who missed out on getting these 2 weapons, as I was moving countries due to work, and also due to being unaware of them being exclusive/removed.

I am a collector, and I don't really care much if there are better options (plus the vandal looks so sweet), and I would love if DE gave us another chance to get these weapons, I would even get them for plat.

Now I know I am going to get a lot of hate for suggesting this, but I thought I may as well try, I mean the players who have them already won't lose anything (except they'll be slightly less exclusive??). I know the vandal was a reward for those who stress tested the open beta, but I think it should be a reward for open beta testers in general (i.e. lato vandal was for the whole of closed beta) 

Thoughts?

Thanks.

TLDR: The window to obtain the braton vandal was too small compared to lato vandal, and it should be brought back along snipetron should be brought back for a weekend for purchase (with plat?)

Edited by Guyver-Archangel

Well... About the Snipetron, DE doesn't consider it exclusive per se... I lost mine in the reset and I tried to get it back but they insisted that the Snipetron is a retired weapon and only those who have it can keep it :(

I'd love a chance to get back my kitten-sneezing machine (as Snipetron's old sound FX resembled a sneezing cat xD)

Yeah, lets bring back the Snipetron, or maybe get some other exclusive, but the the two Vandals were for those specific groups that got it earlier. But then again, DE said the Frost Prime would be exclusive... that was bullS#&$.

While many of the replies definitely have valid points, and I do understand the desire for people to keep things exclusive, I still think that a single weekend where the weapons were available for at least one more time would be great.

I mean for the braton and lato vandal casees, a single stress test gives you a weapon, whereas participating during a whole closed beta nets you the other? Seems a tad lopsided imo 

As for snipetron, well give people another warning, add it in for a weekend, and put it up for sale with plat, I think that's fair.

I agree with the snipertron.

I dont agree with the braton vandal.

You missed it, oh well. DE has said, quite a few times mind you, that they are NOT going to bring back the vandal weapons at all. If you dont have it you never will.

Maybe at the end of open beta, all the open beta'ers will get skana vandal? It's the only one that hasn't been "vandalized."

No. I want the Reaper Vandal Prime. 

Just kidding. No hybrid weapons in this game.

I missed the event by 3 days for the Braton Vandal way the heck back when I started, so it'd be interesting if they put it in for a massive event, though it'd most likely be put in as something for clans anyway at this rate if they even decided to do it.

The "ads and friends join this game discussion" about Warframe didn't occur till after the Braton was already removed from the market once I started.

General consensus:

Yes to the Snipetron, no to the vandals.

The only people I see who seriously want the vandals back are the ones who missed them by a hair.

And it seems everyone except DE wants the Snipetron back. Removing was, frankly, a horrible idea and was even more poorly executed.

General consensus:

Yes to the Snipetron, no to the vandals.

The only people I see who seriously want the vandals back are the ones who missed them by a hair.

And it seems everyone except DE wants the Snipetron back. Removing was, frankly, a horrible idea and was even more poorly executed.

I agree on the snipetron removal. My friend was thinking of buying it after coming back from vacation, only to find out its gone :/

Actually I don't even know why it was removed, I mean, if it was so bad it needed to be removed, then why did they allow players who already had it, to keep it? 

Edited by Guyver-Archangel

The vandal and all exclusive weapons in my opinion should stay that way , they were handed out for a reason and would defeat the purpose. They are in a way status symbols. Many people would not be too happy if they would be on the market again.

I agree with the snipetron; I had it, and got #*($%%@ out of it by the account reset. On the vandals, though, I disagree. Those were for closed beta players only, and we, as much as we want them, have no right to them

I think giving people a chance at the snipetron would seem like a reasonable suggestion, seeing as how it was removed without any heads up.

But as far the Vandal goes I have to say no, it was a present for close beta testers.

Brandle no because it is for closed beta people only

Snipertron sounds like a good idea but make it shoot hit scan shots that leave a trail behind them so it's not as lore breaking

No, the Braton Vandal was not just for closed beta testers. It was available during the Open Beta Weekend, which was available to any person who signed up to Warframe, whether they had closed beta keys or not, whether they had known about Warframe since inception or only for an hour. The Brandal was in no way exclusive to closed beta testers, it was only exclusive to a time frame, but available to any single person during that time frame it was offered, no matter how long they had been signed up for Warframe; see https://warframe.com/news/open-beta-weekend-february-15-19'>this official Open Beta Weekend announcement for evidence.

I don't even want the Brandal, but there is a level of childishness displayed by too many Brandal owners that is rather disconcerting. There's the ones who want it buffed to absurd levels just because it is a Brandal and it is a crime against humanity that those dirty peasant latecomers have an assault rifle that is on par, or even worse, better than the closed beta master race's "exclusive" assault rifle. Then there's the ones who keep insisting somehow it is exclusive only to the closed beta people as a reward, which is completely false, as it was a reward to all players who participated in an open weekend that was not exclusive to closed beta participants, but again, crime against humanity that the closed beta patricians just be stuck with the Lato Vandal (the actual exclusive for closed beta testers) and have to actually share a "special" item with the open beta plebes.

It's the same petty attitude that causes people to get upset because Frost Prime, or some other item, was not made exclusive. Heaven forbid more people than the (imagined) special few get to share in something.

Either way, despite it not being from closed beta, but the open beta weekend; It was a limited time reward, for early adopters. Whether you agree or not, Exclusivity matters to almost everyone. I'm sure every founder would be upset if Skana, Excal, and Lato Prime all became attainable through some other means. People want to feel "better" in some way, and exclusive items do just that

No and NO

1: Snipertron you are getting 1 for the reward for killing 20 drones. Your getting a vandal version which is alot better according to datamined info.

2: Braton vandal was a special item for stress testing the server IMO if you didn't stress test you don't get one that would be like asking for a lato vandl and you wasn't in the closed beta.

No, the Braton Vandal was not just for closed beta testers. It was available during the Open Beta Weekend, which was available to any person who signed up to Warframe, whether they had closed beta keys or not, whether they had known about Warframe since inception or only for an hour. The Brandal was in no way exclusive to closed beta testers, it was only exclusive to a time frame, but available to any single person during that time frame it was offered, no matter how long they had been signed up for Warframe; see this official Open Beta Weekend announcement for evidence.

I don't even want the Brandal, but there is a level of childishness displayed by too many Brandal owners that is rather disconcerting. There's the ones who want it buffed to absurd levels just because it is a Brandal and it is a crime against humanity that those dirty peasant latecomers have an assault rifle that is on par, or even worse, better than the closed beta master race's "exclusive" assault rifle. Then there's the ones who keep insisting somehow it is exclusive only to the closed beta people as a reward, which is completely false, as it was a reward to all players who participated in an open weekend that was not exclusive to closed beta participants, but again, crime against humanity that the closed beta patricians just be stuck with the Lato Vandal (the actual exclusive for closed beta testers) and have to actually share a "special" item with the open beta plebes.

It's the same petty attitude that causes people to get upset because Frost Prime, or some other item, was not made exclusive. Heaven forbid more people than the (imagined) special few get to share in something.

Regardless, it was exclusive for those people who played that weekend, people just need to move on and get over something that happened months ago.