The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Severe Performance Issues since TWW

asasiner12

Yes, good sir. I tried it. I guess, a lot of people learned it from the Witcher 3's Nvidia Hairwork Option, that these option consume a whole lot FPS. Heh. Sadly it didn't improve it a lot or in the certain areas even not a single bit. Just confusing that even old tilesets get eaten up by FPS wise, bow.

I will turn off certain things now, to not drop below 30, when I'm streaming via OBS on Twitch. Hopefully it works. Hierachon on Pluto is driving me crazy - FPS wise - with a Nova, Frost and these effect heavy frames.

As I mentioned before. This was never before the case at all. I'm really no expert tech wise, so I hope my little point of view helps somewhat.

Cheers to you all.

In a weird way, I'm happy to know that I'm not the only one having this issue. Having said that, I'm sorry y'all are dealing with this BS too...

Prior to the War Within's release, I unlocked my FPS with the Frame Cap set to Unlimited and utilizing 86 out of the 144hz of my monitor (That was as high as I could go customizing the settings of my monitor; any higher and my monitor wouldn't be detected.) I was getting FPS in the mid 100s in 1080p Resolution; it was glorious.

The War Within comes out, however, and now I'm experiencing severe Frame Loss; I can go from 150FPS down to 70FPS and even lower on certain tilesets, when previously, there would be no issue. I didn't do anything to my PC recently so I'm pretty sure this is an engine inherent issue on DE's behalf. 

My PC's specs:
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700 (I know... If I wanted to Overclock, I should've gotten the 6700K. Didn't know that at the time...)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 980Ti
RAM: 16GB

I've heard some people recommend playing this game in Fullscreen to bypass this, but that doesn't work for me. I can only play the game in my maximum amount of Hz in Borderless Fullscreen. If I set it to Fullscreen, the game completely locks up; I can hear my movement, but the screen is totally frozen. It won't unfreeze. If I start the game up in Fullscreen, the game will not start at all. Basically, my hands are tied. I get a similar issue in Overwatch; I have the game set to 86Hz as well and if I try to boot it up in Fullscreen, I get the General Error (0xe0010150)... Thankfully, Borderless Fullscreen is perfectly okay in that game and I get no Frame Loss at all.