Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hikou Prime suicide

genr8k

Question

within the last week or so, I built and leveled up Hikou Prime.  

Right now it is equipped with, Primed Pistol Gambit 7, Primed Target Cracker 2, Gunslinger 5, Hornet strike 5, Barrel Diffusion 5, lethal torrent 5, and concealed explosives 3.

Here is my problem, and question.   

I keep killing myself with the concealed explosives.  I try to use it for targets that are far away, but sometimes I forget about it until it reminds me, or am running through a level and i accidentally aim at something too close  

any suggestions on what to do?   Its a fun mod, but deadly. 

I am learning how to use it better, but would like alternatives.  I already take it off when I know I will be running a level that is close combat..  

I am also open to a different mod configuration.  .   

Edited by shiro.OoKami

5 answers to this question

Almost all explosive weapons stand the chance of blowing up the user if pointed at the ground too near you. 

The best way I've found is to only use explosive secondaries, using them only if I'm downed or have no option with my primary. 

Concealed Explosives mod deals a fixed amount of damage and isn't afected by your other mods. However, the higher your fire rate the more frequent are the explosions. All you can do is to stay out of its reach or use tankier frames to cope with self damage.

Considering the mediochre explosion damage, it's only viable in low-to-mid level missions, or for opening the crates quickly.

Edited by Suncake

I guess you build it for saryn?

You don't need a whole lot of shuricans to proc your spores.

1) Have a good procing primary equiped (ignis, torid, thelikes)

2) Don't use hikou nonstop - only if you feel save and no player is about to walk in front of you

3) only use it in short bursts (~1-2 sec), so you don't kill yourself if something gets in your way, (so you just hurt yourself realy, realy bad)

4) In sortie defences, or any defences where you have a  mooving target, or rescue missions: Give your hikou prime to the npc. He can't hurt himself, has unlimited ammunition and will wreck havock with it. 

Sortie 3 | Eximus Stronghold vs Infested is a cakewalk if you have saryn and a maxed out hikou prime to give the defence target. Just cast ONE spore and lean back while he does all the work.