Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New To Warframe!

Ekklyps

Excited to see what this game has to offer! Anyone out there have some tips out there for a newbie to this game!? I have played many mmo's but this seems like it might have something different to offer. If that is the case I would love to become a founder. 

Thank you,

Ekklyps

You are allowed to have as many Warframes (Tenno) as you want. As long as you have the required slots for them in your inventory. Also, you might want to just do basic reading on weapons and what 'frames suit you.

Other than that, play on my friend.

Edited by Evac

Yes, DO NOT spend your initial platinum on revives or anything. Get some information and options on what you can do with it before using it. Platinum is the "cash" currency of the game, so be wise on what you get with it.

Also, every WarFrame holds 4 unique abilities that are stored as mods. Try to not fuse them or you might have a hard time finding replacement for them.

Besides that, the game shows you how to get the basics of it by it self... Sort of.

If you want detailed information for any specific aspect of the game, you can consult the wiki here:  http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

Edit: You are allowed for 2 Warframes initially. You can use platinum to expand it. The weapons have 8 slots initially.

Edited by HellEnforcer

Excited to see what this game has to offer! Anyone out there have some tips out there for a newbie to this game!? I have played many mmo's but this seems like it might have something different to offer. If that is the case I would love to become a founder.

Welcome to warframe! First of all, you might or might not have noticed that the inventory space you have to store your warframes and weapons is limited. You can buy extra slots with platinum, which is premium currency. This is one of the first unexpected issues newcomers find.

The only real tips I can give you are A) read the wiki, and B) don't spend platinum in buying warframes, weapons, or rushing the construction of items in the foundry. These are considered bad ways to spend your money.

How many tenno am I aloud to have just wondering?

If you mean how many Warframes, that is, how many different suits of powered armor, there are currently 15 of them, counting one that is currently exclusive to founder members.

Edit: I do recommend you become a founder member (I'm a Grand Master myself), but of course do play the game for a while to see if it suits you: for example, build a couple of weapons in the foundry to see if the game's resource mechanics are OK for you; this is something you will be doing a lot, so better make sure you don't find it noisome.

Becoming a founder member will net you more platinum than an equivalent regular platinum pack, as well as some items that are currently exclusive to founder members.

Edited by Guest

Oh, Oh! Buy some Warframe slots or weapon slots with the starting plat. Best thing you can uses your plat on.

You start out with 2 frame slot and 8 weapon, you can buy more slots for plat only. If you just straight out buy the full item from the shop, it comes supercharged and you get a slot for it.