Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Defence Team Advice

Psyclosarin

Question

Hey all, 

Just looking to get people's advice for what  good 4 man team setups to try for endless defence would be. 

Please let me know how high you can get with your team setups and what frames/weapons you use.

Thanks in advance

7 answers to this question

Frost + Saryn + Saryn + Banshee for corpus/grineer, or Nyx + Saryn + Saryn + Banshee for infested.

Frost's snow globe is a necessity when enemies can one-shot the pod. Saryn has the best ult in the game, with damage that scales far better than most others. Banshee's Sonar basically means x5 DPS and x5 ammo efficiency, or ~x7 with max focus. Nyx keeps Ancients attacking each other, letting you pick them off while they ignore the pod

What about Vauban for the infested defense? Was he not mentioned b/c of the rarity in his blueprints? 

He's just totally outclassed by Nyx imo; Chaos costs the same, but affects a larger area and makes enemies attack each other

Ah brilliant. 

I personally use Vauban the most, roomate uses Frost (my main before I did a wipe and will be again when I get prime), 2 of my clanmates use Saryn so I'll see about getting someone to grab banshee for the DeePS boost. 

I tend to make strong use of bastille seeing as it's a 15-20 second stunlock that doesn't cost much for a 400 PWR Vauban and can pretty much constantly keep one up with 4 energy siphon and blue drops. 

Is he viable in high end Defence? Or should I switch frames?

Ah brilliant. 

I personally use Vauban the most, roomate uses Frost (my main before I did a wipe and will be again when I get prime), 2 of my clanmates use Saryn so I'll see about getting someone to grab banshee for the DeePS boost. 

I tend to make strong use of bastille seeing as it's a 15-20 second stunlock that doesn't cost much for a 400 PWR Vauban and can pretty much constantly keep one up with 4 energy siphon and blue drops. 

Is he viable in high end Defence? Or should I switch frames?

Most frames are viable in high level defense, in some way. Vauban is definitely better than most, you could likely replace Nyx with him in Infested defense. I feel like his use (At least, with Bastille) would be limited outside Infested defense, but Tesla is still incredible on Corpus defense, assuming Continuity and Focus

what is your aim?

If you want to farm, just do up to wave 15 (even til 10) and repeat. For this purpose, there isn't a need for any frame except vauban/frost.

If you want to get exp, just do til 20 and repeat. Again there are no other frames needed except for Vauban. A backup Vauban/frost would be nice. Never bring a Nyx for chaos.

If you're you're going for a record, then go with the aforementioned advice. You can also go Nyx+Vauban/frost+Banshee+Saryn/Loki/Rhino/Trinity. If you're gonna have them kill each other might as well not get a Saryn. If anything gets too close, have Vauban bastille and Banshee boom them away so they can start killing each other again.

Alternatively for infested missions you can go quad Impedance with frosts and enjoy the slowness that follows. :))

Most frames are viable in high level defense, in some way. Vauban is definitely better than most, you could likely replace Nyx with him in Infested defense. I feel like his use (At least, with Bastille) would be limited outside Infested defense, but Tesla is still incredible on Corpus defense, assuming Continuity and Focus

I wasn't too sure about using Tesla on higher end Corpus missions, didn't know how well it scaled but I'm more than happy to test it out more.

I'd like to get more use out of my Loki with radial disarm but the cost is pretty high for it.

what is your aim?

If you want to farm, just do up to wave 15 (even til 10) and repeat. For this purpose, there isn't a need for any frame except vauban/frost.

If you want to get exp, just do til 20 and repeat. Again there are no other frames needed except for Vauban. A backup Vauban/frost would be nice. Never bring a Nyx for chaos.

If you're you're going for a record, then go with the aforementioned advice. You can also go Nyx+Vauban/frost+Banshee+Saryn/Loki/Rhino/Trinity. If you're gonna have them kill each other might as well not get a Saryn. If anything gets too close, have Vauban bastille and Banshee boom them away so they can start killing each other again.

Alternatively for infested missions you can go quad Impedance with frosts and enjoy the slowness that follows. :))

Mainly for our own personal records but will also be using it to farm XP and void keys.

Seems the best setup based on what I've got available to be would be Vauban/Saryn/Frost/Banshee or double Saryn in place of banshee.

Edited by Psyclosarin