Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How does Hysteria work with duration mods now?

VerdisX

Question

8 answers to this question

Hysteria is a channel ability. They're affected by both Duration and Efficiency. The more you have of one the less you need of the other however Efficiency has a great deal more weight.

If you have above 175% Efficiency you can actually go negative Duration and still have the lowest possible energy drain which is capped at 75% reduction.

Hysteria builds up in energy drain to a maximum of 15 per second, which means at max at the 75% cap you will have 3.75 energy drain per second. The abilities UI will only show you the initial drain cost. I believe 0.625 is the number you need to be capped. Might show as 0.63.

If you're trying to perma Hysteria it's not really possible anymore without Arcane Energize x10.

Edited by Xzorn

Energy use for channeled abilities looks like this:

• [energy consumption multiplier] = (2 - [efficiency]) / [duration]
  • If the resulting [energy consumption multiplier] is less than 0.25, use 0.25 instead.

With 175% efficiency and 100% duration, you have (2 - 1.75) / 1 = 0.25 / 1 = 0.25.

With 190% efficiency and 95% duration, you have (2 - 1.9) / 0.95 = 0.1 / 0.95 = 0.11, which is replaced with the cap of 0.25.

With 190% efficiency and 40% duration, you have (2 - 1.9) / 0.4 = 0.1 / 0.4 = 0.25.

With 130% efficiency and 155% duration, you have (2 - 1.3) / 1.55 = 0.7 / 1.55 = 0.45.

8 hours ago, Xzorn said:

If you're trying to perma Hysteria it's not really possible anymore without Arcane Energize x10.

So if I have an Arcane Energize set, can I try perma-Hysteria? :3

P.S// Those "energy leech" eximus are probably going to be a pain in the arse though...

Edited by NativeKiller

1 hour ago, NativeKiller said:

So if I have an Arcane Energize set, can I try perma-Hysteria? :3

P.S// Those "energy leech" eximus are probably going to be a pain in the arse though...

I've not been able to get her to keep up with the energy costs without Arcane Energize. I only ever tried it for Survival. A 6 stack might be enough, I'm not sure. Without it, you need an energy orb roughly every 7 seconds.

Energy Leech, Ancient Disruptors, Nullifiers, Scrambus. There's quite a few things that shut down Hysteria these days.

39 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I've not been able to get her to keep up with the energy costs without Arcane Energize. I only ever tried it for Survival. A 6 stack might be enough, I'm not sure. Without it, you need an energy orb roughly every 7 seconds.

Energy Leech, Ancient Disruptors, Nullifiers, Scrambus. There's quite a few things that shut down Hysteria these days.

I don't actually Valkyr myself but I thought I'd ask since Valkyr Prime is coming out very soon. 

Thanks for the response. :D

Edited by NativeKiller

Ok thanks for the replies! I'm glad they nerfed Hysteria because now Warcry feels more relevant. I hate the bubble that's around you in Hyseria now. I've heard you're meant to take damage if enemies are within it upon ending Hysteria, but i haven't seen anything happen.

Anyway, i've heard Intensify buffs Warcry, but in what way? Does it give even more melee speed and armor?

9 hours ago, VerdisX said:

Ok thanks for the replies! I'm glad they nerfed Hysteria because now Warcry feels more relevant. I hate the bubble that's around you in Hyseria now. I've heard you're meant to take damage if enemies are within it upon ending Hysteria, but i haven't seen anything happen.

Anyway, i've heard Intensify buffs Warcry, but in what way? Does it give even more melee speed and armor?

The radius just about kills you instantly later in levels. It stores 30% of the damage you would have taken before any mitigation. Then deals 25% of that resulting stored damage to you. If you happen to be using Naramon or Shade. Invisibility makes you immune to the damage as for some reason it requires Line of sight for the enemies.

Power Strength affects her Warcry by improving both the armor it gives and the attack speed bonus, it also improves the slow that Warcry afflicts on enemies but the slow effect is capped at 75% reduction.