Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Banshee's Sonar with Radial Damage

(PSN)Crixus044

Question

So I've always known banshee to be a really really good frame, and I could use a high damage frame like her on my team, but I'd like some details to help me out. So I was wondering, if aoe damage doesn't target heads like it use to, does it target sonar spots at least? I'll list examples and I'd like to get responses from those who've had experience with banshee.

Equinox: Maim slash proc AND nuke

Volt: Discharge

Rhino: Stomp

Excalibur: Radial Javelin

Nova: Antimatter Drop

Mag: Magnetize

Mesa: Peacekeeper, Shatter Shield

Mirage: Prism

Ember: World on Fire

Trinity: Link, Energy Vampire

Atlas: Landslide

Weapons: AoE weapons (Tonkor, Simulor, Staticor, Sonicor, Penta, Ogris), Vulcan Blitz, Ignis, Amprex Chaining, Thunderbolt, Concealed Explosives, and finally Mutalist Cernos AoE Proc.

I don't expect answers to everything, but whatever you can help me with is greatly appreciated.

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

6 answers to this question

Equinox maim got fixed because it was literally auto-oneshotting everything lvl500+ with ease with a sonar banshee.

Most others are kinda random, even quake can hit sonar spots here and there.

As for AoE weapons, it depends on where the explosion comes from, with simulor you can hit sonar spots if the sonar spot is closest to the orbs.

Not a really in-depth answer, but it should give you some guidelines on what does and doesnt work.

Most warframe powers target the torso of the enemy, so if a sonar spot were on their torso it would amplify the damage.

I know this for sure with radial javelin and peacemaker (although peacemaker occasionally headshots).

Amprex chaining works as far as i know, again only if you happen to hit a highlighted bodypart.

2 minutes ago, Vonkriegor said:

Equinox maim got fixed because it was literally auto-oneshotting everything lvl500+ with ease with a sonar banshee.

Most others are kinda random, even quake can hit sonar spots here and there.

As for AoE weapons, it depends on where the explosion comes from, with simulor you can hit sonar spots if the sonar spot is closest to the orbs.

Not a really in-depth answer, but it should give you some guidelines on what does and doesnt work.

Thank you for the help. That's actually very helpful. Sucks maim and sonar got nerfed. It's it still random or now impossible for maim?

1 minute ago, (PS4)Crixus044 said:

Thank you for the help. That's actually very helpful. Sucks maim and sonar got nerfed. It's it still random or now impossible for maim?

I am not certain because I havent tried it yet after the nerf, but I think they completely removed a 'hitscan' mechanic on maim and it just hurts enemies through a status effect script, making it impossible to hit sonar spots.
I could be wrong on this.

Banshee equinox is still an amazing team.  use Eq's rest  and rage to ae sleep everyone with banshee's expanding sonar aug and it's pure win for defense. everything stands still and lets you go ham on the highlights...