Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beam weapons, multishot and status interaction

Ivan_Rid

Question

7 answers to this question

47 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Do I get any bonus status chance from multishot on beam weapon?

Yes. The only weapons that don't get bonus status chance from multishot are Held-trigger weapons like the Glaxion. Though they do, predictably, still get the damage boost.

Edited by NinjaKitsune56

1 minute ago, NinjaKitsune56 said:

Yes. The only weapons that don't get bonus status chance from multishot are Held-trigger weapons like the Glaxion.

Those are exactly ones I`m talking about - Ignis, Quanta, Glaxion etc

So this is not just UI mispresentation?

Most beams weapons use status per second or status/sec. Which is affected by Fire Rate mods and +% status mods.

The beam is capped at 1 status proc per second. Hence shooting faster improves you're status/sec.

Mutli-shot has no effect for some reason, even though it's creating a second beam.

Ignis happens to use pellets like a shotgun which allows it to make use of more than 100% status/sec even though you are still capped at 1 proc per second.

11 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Most beams weapons use status per second or status/sec. Which is affected by Fire Rate mods and +% status mods.

The beam is capped at 1 status proc per second. Hence shooting faster improves you're status/sec.

Mutli-shot has no effect for some reason, even though it's creating a second beam.

Ignis happens to use pellets like a shotgun which allows it to make use of more than 100% status/sec even though you are still capped at 1 proc per second.

In my experience there is no cap of 1 proc per second, there might be a proc per damage tick.

A second of continuous firing can have up to four procs - at 0.1sec, 0.4, 0.7 and as a full second passes. And it looks like you can force more procs by tapping LMB more than 4 times per second.

1 hour ago, Ivan_Rid said:

Those are exactly ones I`m talking about - Ignis, Quanta, Glaxion etc

So this is not just UI mispresentation?

That's right... it's not a misrepresentation... Um, my best stat/sec rate on any of them, either in-game or via Warframe Builder, without one of the trigger mods (like Catalyzer) is 85%... mind, with their fire rate and the spreads you can get on them, it can hit quite a few enemies when it procs.

54 minutes ago, Ivan_Rid said:

In my experience there is no cap of 1 proc per second, there might be a proc per damage tick.

A second of continuous firing can have up to four procs - at 0.1sec, 0.4, 0.7 and as a full second passes. And it looks like you can force more procs by tapping LMB more than 4 times per second.

I didn't really check for the timing when I was testing Ignis and Quanta. I was more interested in the proc rate, which was an exact rate. If I recall it was 1 in every 4 Damage ticks.