Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What to do with undesired & unprofitable Riven mods?

(NSW)BlaineKodos

Question

Title.

I have three Riven mods that I simply do not want to have. While I'm open to revisiting some old weapons if I get a Riven mod there are some that I have no interest in and no one is going to want to buy them (Miter, Buzlok and Laser Rifle in particular). Since I can't really get rid of them in a meaningful way, what's the best course of action on clearing up the space? Convert them into Endo?

5 answers to this question

At the moment, yes, convert to Endo is all you can do. Quite wasteful, isn't it? There are two options I would like to see added to combat this:

• Instead of dissolving into Endo, Riven mods dissolve into Kuva -- perhaps a proportional amount to what you've spent on it, so if you've spent 10k re-rolling, you'd get back ~20% or 2k Kuva
  • Allow 4 Riven Mods to be Transmuted into a new, Veiled Riven Mod so you can start over. Since it requires 4 Rivens to do, it's not particularly profitable or exploitable, just a good way to get some return from unlucky pulls

EDIT: Just to be clear, I can't take credit for these ideas. I read them on reddit and thought they sounded pretty realistic and useful.

Edited by AM-Bunny

1 minute ago, AM-Bunny said:

At the moment, yes, convert to Endo is all you can do. Quite wasteful, isn't it? There are two options I would like to see added to combat this:

• Instead of dissolving into Endo, Riven mods dissolve into Kuva -- perhaps a proportional amount to what you've spent on it, so if you've spent 10k re-rolling, you'd get back ~20% or 2k Kuva
  • Allow 4 Riven Mods to be Transmuted into a new, Veiled Riven Mod so you can start over. Since it requires 4 Rivens to do, it's not particularly profitable or exploitable, just a good way to get some return from unlucky pulls

These both sound like good ideas, since I feel really sad turning these things I had to get lucky to obtain into regular old Endo (and honestly, not even a lot of it, under 550 if it's a raw Riven like mine each are). Getting some Kuva, even a small amount, would help alleviate the fact you must eventually discard Rivens because the you cannot sell them if no one wants them and even if you loved all 15 you obtained there will come a time when a new weapon you really really like comes out and you want to take it further. Not to mention that if the cap doesn't increase, the eventual addition of Pistol, Shotgun and Melee Rivens will mean that something has got to leave.