Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Proposal - Challenge System?

Zeus154

I was thinking about the Alert system after some small talk about it with a friend. I'm here to propose a challenge system, that way the alert system could stay, but drop satisfying unique artifacts/rewards. This would add some incentive to the alert system, by giving more lee-way in expensive drop table tiers. It would be similar in the regard of the game challenges like "Use your frames Uber once," albeit with higher requirements and of course loot. It would consist of daily challenges, and a weekly challenge.

A couple daily challenges for example:

"Grineer no more - kill 300 Grineer faction enemies. Reward: X amount of credits/Xp."

"Looter: loot 100 containers. Reward: 2500 Ferrite."

A weekly challenge: "Energy-Hog: Expend a total of 1.5 Million energy reserves. Reward: Continuity Module + Forma BP"

The daily challenges would be replaced, well daily. This and it's shuffled amongst other daily challenges, that way there is more variety. Weekly challenges go through the same changes except it's on a weekly basis.This system would allow players to accrue resources slightly faster/easier, make the game a bit more goal-oriented, and would give the alerts more of a unique drop table variety instead of random credits and miscellaneous items/artifacts; the incentive of players striving to get that awesome mod, or super-mega-desctructo sword.

For those who believe an abridged format, or rather the TL;DR format, here it is.

-Challenge system; consists of daily and weekly challenges

-Earn items or XP/Credits from challenges

-Alert system gets better drop table

And that is all. Nothing I can think of at this moment, but if you wish to contribute or speak about this idea, then speak freely.

I WANT I WANT SO BADLY!!!

Ahem... Sorry not enough sleep I guess... 

Seems like a nice idea. Would be nice if they implemented this but I think they will already make alerts that give resources o: at the same time they will completely overhaul RNG so we would need to see by then

I was thinking about the Alert system after some small talk about it with a friend. I'm here to propose a challenge system, that way the alert system could stay, but drop satisfying unique artifacts/rewards. This would add some incentive to the alert system, by giving more lee-way in expensive drop table tiers. It would be similar in the regard of the game challenges like "Use your frames Uber once," albeit with higher requirements and of course loot. It would consist of daily challenges, and a weekly challenge.

A couple daily challenges for example:

"Grineer no more - kill 300 Grineer faction enemies. Reward: X amount of credits/Xp."

"Looter: loot 100 containers. Reward: 2500 Ferrite."

A weekly challenge: "Energy-Hog: Expend a total of 1.5 Million energy reserves. Reward: Continuity Module + Forma BP"

The daily challenges would be replaced, well daily. This and it's shuffled amongst other daily challenges, that way there is more variety. Weekly challenges go through the same changes except it's on a weekly basis.This system would allow players to accrue resources slightly faster/easier, make the game a bit more goal-oriented, and would give the alerts more of a unique drop table variety instead of random credits and miscellaneous items/artifacts; the incentive of players striving to get that awesome mod, or super-mega-desctructo sword.

For those who believe an abridged format, or rather the TL;DR format, here it is.

-Challenge system; consists of daily and weekly challenges

-Earn items or XP/Credits from challenges

-Alert system gets better drop table

And that is all. Nothing I can think of at this moment, but if you wish to contribute or speak about this idea, then speak freely.

Maybe add something like exterminate a entire planet of infested (kill X infested in each mission on X planet)

I like this not because I want to get stuff faster, or because I like goals, but because it adds a different gameplay aspect to the game. What I mean is right now you can wait for alerts to show up with something you want ("?") or you can grind for materials. this would give people a reason to slow down and enjoy the "lesser" levels.

Maybe add something like exterminate a entire planet of infested (kill X infested in each mission on X planet)

I like this not because I want to get stuff faster, or because I like goals, but because it adds a different gameplay aspect to the game. What I mean is right now you can wait for alerts to show up with something you want ("?") or you can grind for materials. this would give people a reason to slow down and enjoy the "lesser" levels.

Never thought of it this way. Hooray for new insight! :)

This would be an interesting addition for a challenge. But we'll see what other things come up before I make any great changes.

Thanks for the positive feedback. :)

Edited by Zeus154

from my long forgotten and abandoned thread

See No Evil

- Complete 50 games without being detected

Reward: A blueprint for a cosmetic Cloak that can be equipped by all frames (similar to the Sentinel's ones)

Stay Close To The Walls

- Pin 10 Grineer Troopers to the walls within 15 seconds.

Reward: A blueprint for a spiky cosmetic piece (headgear, armor,...)

Hack And Slash

- Kill 10 enemies with a slashing melee weapon within 30 seconds after completing a hack.

Reward: An artifact that gives the player 30% melee damage boost in 1 minute after hacking a console

Sit, Stay, Roll Over, Play Dead

- Kill 10,000 Infested Chargers

Reward: A blueprint for a piece of Infested Charger Hat (cosmetic item)