Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Koga Ash horrible arm attachments removable?

Cogrock

Question

I bought the Ask Koga skin based on the images shown to promote it.

None of them however have those ridiculous looking infest spikes coming off of his forearms... not that I could see, even though that area of the arms is shown. This begs the question and an answer that I may or may not be missing.

Can these be removed somehow? or is there a little inconsistency between the promo assets and the in-game model? 

If the latter, I guess I'll get a refund for the false (albeit likely innocent) marketing, but it'll be a shame if they are simply removable.

EDIT: Got a refund.

Edited by Cogrock

6 answers to this question

EDIT: They're not removable, so I got a refund.

On 11/26/2016 at 5:32 PM, siralextraffo said:

What ridicolous infest spikes? You mean these ones from the first official promotional image:

[snip]

Or these ones from the second official promotional image:

[snip]

False marketing at its finest, indeed.

For the 95% of players that don't watch the dev streams, or those have the sense to assume that concepts can be changed, or those who only see the images being used on release... you know the images that should be the most up to date.

Images showing the skin with them isn't an excuse either (Like the ones in-game). ALL assets should be correct and factual. When they're not, you run into issues like this one where it's assumed they can be hidden (Like an auxiliary attachment) since some images have them and some do not.

I meant these images

Used in the patch notes and linked to on the main page

AshSkin.jpg

It's not shown in the 3D reveal posted on Twitter either.

The horns on the elbows are awesome, but those wings are just horrible.

Edited by Cogrock

3 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Those would be the deployable blades used during Bladestorm, I believe, and this is purely subjective. You can't just ask for something to be removed just because you don't like it, without even thinking about all the people that do like it.

Or, you know, he may be asking for an option to remove it?

Can these be removed somehow?

Can't see anything about removing it from the model for everyone else, just about a way to disable it.

7 minutes ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Those would be the deployable blades used during Bladestorm, I believe, and this is purely subjective. You can't just ask for something to be removed just because you don't like it, without even thinking about all the people that do like it.

I'm pretty sure that @Cogrock is asking if the arm things can be somehow removed by us, players, and if we can be given the choice to hide them if we don't like them which I agree, would be very nice but unlikely to happen after nothing being done regardless of all the feedback given to Nekros' prime faceslapper wings.

On the main topic, it seems like there's no way to hide them, and I'm not sure if that will happen at some point.

Edited by -----LegioN-----

1 minute ago, GLTHX said:

Can't see anything about removing it from the model for everyone else, just about a way to disable it.

I don't know, I don't really see an "Enable Ash Koga Deluxe Skin Arm Blades [  ]" option happening. It's too oddly specific.

I'd say just try to cope with it or ask for a refund on the Support Desk.

27 minutes ago, Cogrock said:

I bought the Ask Koga skin based on the images shown to promote it.

None of them however have those ridiculous looking infest spikes coming off of his forearms... not that I could see, even though that area of the arms is shown. This begs the question and an answer that I may or may not be missing.

If the latter, I guess I'll get a refund for the false (albeit likely innocent) marketing, but it'll be a shame if they are simply removable.

What ridicolous infest spikes? You mean these ones from the first official promotional image:

src7GL5.jpg

Or these ones from the second official promotional image:

8iDNpt2.jpg

False marketing at its finest, indeed.