The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's clear up some misunderstanding about the reworks

Doxorn

Just now, ChuckMaverick said:

I didn't play Nekros before the changes, can you explain why that's a nerf?

Ranged units which is every heavy unit basically has garbage ai, melee units were and still are hyper aggressive, a group of butchers would get much more done vs a group of bombards or gunners because they don't take cover, the just charge in.

5 minutes ago, Thebel said:

Ranged units which is every heavy unit basically has garbage ai, melee units were and still are hyper aggressive, a group of butchers would get much more done vs a group of bombards or gunners because they don't take cover, the just charge in.

Ah, I see. So it was a nerf offensively, but a buff defensively as they'll have a bigger health pool to soak up damage from the augment.

15 minutes ago, ChuckMaverick said:

Ah, I see. So it was a nerf offensively, but a buff defensively as they'll have a bigger health pool to soak up damage from the augment.

In a way yes and no, the augment caps out at 90% damage reduction, which means each one is getting about 12.8% of the damage you take so yes they will have more hp to soak that damage up but the flip side is, they lose hp as a % over time now. So no matter how high their hp is you still have to heal them pretty frequently because of that. All that extra hp becomes more like a tiny recast buffer.

Overall it's still basically a nerf because well, before with the same build I had a duration of around 60 seconds and 135 energy per cast, with the same build my drain is about 2%/sec with 135 energy per cast. My duration basically dropped to 50 seconds as a max possible but in reality with the augment and them taking damage the duration is more like 30 seconds. It's become a huge energy sink, 135 energy every 60 seconds vs 30 seconds. Then remember Nekros doesn't even that big of an energy pool in the first place.

Not to mention you can't do things like grabbing and keep shield ospreys and have a shield buffer too.

Edited by Thebel

21 hours ago, Thebel said:

The only good thing they did with shadows was letting you recast to heal them, because you need to do it so often or else they just die now.

They're also constantly replenished in some way. Shadows that get kills add bodies to the summoning pool. Also taking into consideration if you're using desecrate (which frankly Nekros should always be desecrating) in combination with despoil, equilibrium, rejuvenation, zenurik focus, and Nekros own passive of getting health for every enemy kill; that's massive gains in terms of energy. That doesn't even include the arcanes.

Other than that, yeah it's a pain constantly babysitting them.