Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for tips about modding the Dread.

Talvimyr

Question

Hey, everyone.

I'm looking for some pointers in modding my dread to better take on high level enemies. At present, it normally takes upwards of 3/4 arrows to kill high level lancers (70-100). Closer to six to seven to kill bombards (Same level), and enemies of a similar caliber. My current mod set-up is this:

Split Chamber | Serration | Point Strike | Fanged Fusillade
Vital Sense | Speed Trigger | Malignant Force | Stormbringer

Is there anything I should replace/modify?

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

well its a ok build if you can get a dread riven mod  after this i would toll it for crit chance and either slash or crit damage what ever comes first 

at this time i am using 

Vital Sense | Speed Trigger  dread riven mod with 114 crit chance and +95 slash damage and for my last mod i either use bladed rounds or argon scope and it does the trick  

9 hours ago, 1Archangel117 said:

Hey, everyone.

I'm looking for some pointers in modding my dread to better take on high level enemies. At present, it normally takes upwards of 3/4 arrows to kill high level lancers (70-100). Closer to six to seven to kill bombards (Same level), and enemies of a similar caliber. My current mod set-up is this:

Vital Sense | Speed Trigger | Malignant Force | Stormbringer

Is there anything I should replace/modify?

Thanks!

i use vile acceleration insted of speed trigger :) i use 2x 90 elemental damage 

2 hours ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I would replace fanged with infected clip and malignant force with blades rounds. 

This is what I use too. As long as you hit the enemy in the head(especially with bladed rounds activated) you ca pretty much one shot them.

EDIT: I use vile acceleration instead of speed trigger.

Edited by (PS4)joshw1400
Speed

Personally, I haven't bothered with worrying about RoF too much, as Dread more-or-less only gets used for stealth runs where I can count on having time to line up each shot (either because enemies haven't been alerted yet, or because I'm running an invisible Loki or Ivara)

Currently, I have 2 set-ups for my Dread.

Both of them start with: Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, and Point Strike.

From there, the first one goes with 3 of the element+status mods (usually High Voltage, Malignant Rounds, and Thermite rounds to give corrosive+heat, but against corpus, I'll reshuffle them to magnetic+toxin, and switching out High Voltage for Rime Rounds gives you viral and heat for grineer who've been stripped of armor) and Hammer Shot.  This gives good crits and a high status chance, with spots for 3 elemental mods to customize for the enemies you'll be facing.  

The second goes with Argon Scope, Bladed Rounds, and 2 of the elemental+status mods (usually high voltage and malignant for corrosive).  Less status chance, one less element, and a lower crit multiplier when not aiming, but as long as argon scope and bladed rounds have proc'd recently enough, this gives a 6.8x multiplier, and nearly guaranteed red crits while aiming.  I like this one for assassination missions.  The various other enemies provide opportunities to trigger the two Acolyte mods, and then I focus on the boss until I need to refresh them.

I set up my dread using cold +  toxin dual stat mods, fanged fusillade, argon scope, multishot and more status.

while yes I understand, you may be asking "but dread is a crit weapon,why status and damage???" the simple answer is it allows the dread to potentially one shot most foes, this is because the stupid amount of slash gives a good chance to proc the slash, with the multishot and viral status the status will be up to about the 50% margin, the enemy will have their maximum health reduced to 50% of what it was, and bleeding out.