Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sortie Rewards; Tiered, Accessible and Controlable

SoulOfTheHunter

What I would like to see in sorties:

• Impliment the token system as suggested by many, with each sortie mission rewarding 1 token
  • Rather than have preset restrictions (weapons equiped etc) on sortie missions, impliment Bounties; eg complete a sortie mission with melee only, assualt rifle only, only magnetic damage on weapons etc. There can even be Nightmare bounties eg vampire mode, half shields, energy drain etc
  • Bounties are a bit like Dragon keys in how they work; equip them and the effect is applied.
  • Bounties are per player
  • Only 1 bounty per player can be completed per sortie mission and rewards an extra 1-5 tokens depending on bounty dificulty. DE can keep track on what bounties are popular/easy and adjust as needed
  • This way players can simply burn through sorties with all their favourite gear (or simply the best gear they have ie newer players) for minimum rewards OR they can equip a bounty and make the mission harder for better reward possibilities.
  • Doing the sorties on easy (without bouties) rewards 3 tokens, on hard (with bounties) can reward between 6 and 18 tokens

I don't think reward items should be directly purchasable with tokens but rather use a mystery bag system. Let's say 4 tiers of bags. I don't really know what people want as rewards so I've just made some examples below.

EDIT: Below is a very very basic outline and doesnt cover all the available rewards (notice no riven mods or lens) it was to show how teh system could scale rewards. Apparently I need to point that out for those who don't read all the words I write.

Tier 1: 25 tokens (~2 days of hard Sorties)

• Extremely low chance at legendary core
  • Low chance (5%) at a forma
  • Low chance (2%) at a exilus/potato
  • Guaranteed 2000Endo (lolololol)
  • Guaranteed resource bundle

Tier 2: 50 tokens (~3 days of hard Sorties)

• Extremely low chance at legendary core, but higher than tier 1
  • Low chance (10%) at a forma
  • Low chance (5%) at a exilus/potato
  • Guaranteed 5000Endo
  • Guaranteed 2x resource bundle

Tier 3: 100 tokens (~5 days of hard Sorties)

• Extremely low chance at legendary core, but higher than tier 2
  • Medium chance (20%) at a forma/exilus/potato
  • Low chance (10%) at a second forma
  • Low chance (10%) at a exilus/potato
  • Guaranteed 10000Endo
  • Guaranteed 10x Kavat DNA?
  • Guaranteed 4x resource bundle

Tier 3: 200 tokens (~10 days of hard Sorties)

• Extremely low chance at legendary core, but higher than tier 3
  • Guaranteed forma
  • High chance (50%) at a exilus/potato
  • High chance (50%) at a extra forma
  • High chance (50%) at a weapon warframe slot?
  • High chance (50%) at a extra loadout slot?
  • Guaranteed 20000Endo
  • Guaranteed 10x resource bundle

Lens go in there somewhere too I guess.

The numbers are just placeholders of course and deff need to be tweaked. The appeal of a system like this is it alows sorties to be scalable. For players who can complete the dificulty bounties, the rewards are greater, and they are likely to need the rewards. A newer player can still complete Sorties without bounties and acquire the lower tier rewards, which is probably all they really need anyway.

Edited by SoulOfTheHunter

14 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

2 days of hard sortie for that crap? xD i would rather stay with its current form, thanks but no thanks.

26 minutes ago, SoulOfTheHunter said:

I don't really know what people want as rewards so I've just made some examples below

The numbers are just placeholders of course and deff need to be tweaked.

Was hoping for constructive feedback, but thanks anyway.

Edited by SoulOfTheHunter

There's some nice ideas, especially the one with scaling, but I would organize rewards differently.

I agree that token system should be implemented, but we should be able to buy with it things that currently should not be present in the drop tables. So lenses, potatoes, endo, forma, etc. should be purchasable for tokens. This way you would be able to get some stuff even if you play only one sortie mission per day. And after some time you would have enough tokens to buy something. Your idea with bounties is good and would be a great way to get extra tokens.

Apart from tokens, more valuable rewards should stay in the drop tables as they are now and have a chance to drop after you complete all 3 missions. So rivens, legendary cores, maybe even arcanes, etc. would fit into this category. Of course there should be less valuable stuff in there as well, to balance the drops.

In some aspects I believe sorties should work a little bit like syndicates. 

I like it! 

I've been wanting a token system for a long time, and this seems thematically consistent with the relic system and working to improve your odds of getting the specific loot you want, without guaranteeing specific drops (which is good for DE and plat sales). 

I think this strikes a good balance between allowing players to build towards the rewards they want (while avoiding the frustration of repeated undesired rewards) and making it too easy to obtain the best rewards. 

I think the game only benefits from more risk/reward mechanics like you describe - in the same way that endless missions allow us to push our luck for ever greater rewards, your idea of opt-in bounties to increase rewards for players willing to shoulder greater handicaps is great. 

I think this proposal benefits players just starting sorties as well as making things more interesting for vets. Working towards a goal is always better than pulling the handle on a slot machine, and I think this kind of system sounds like the best of both worlds. =)