Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orthos prime VS Nikana prime VS Galatine prime

God0fW4r

Question

12 answers to this question

So these weapons have different playstyle. I'm gonna tell you how I play as well.

Orthos prime people generally abuse its high range. I use maiming strike build on it with primed reach.

Nikana prime has low range high slash damage and high speed(also high aesthetic level). Excal passive works with nikana prime. I don't use it because of the low range.

Galatine prime is a slow, hard hitting weapon. Range is good. I use crit build on survival mission only with primed fury/valkyr warcry/volt speed + berserker to counter the slow speed.

If its a mutually exclusive choice right now, I would say depend on your playstyle. If its not mutually exclusive then I guess try them all and see if you enjoy it or not hahaha.

15 minutes ago, God0fW4r said:

i still dont have my playstyle so i just need best choice to play with :)

Well then you'll have to find it. They are all pretty much the peak of their weapon class for their respective weapon classes. They each have access to stances unique to those weapon classes. You're going to have to find out which stances and movement profiles feel right for you. That's how melee works. 

Try out the non-prime versions to get the feel for how they work. 

Edited by Gelkor

2 minutes ago, Gelkor said:

Well then you'll have to find it. They are all pretty much the peak of their weapon class for their respective weapon classes. They each have access to stances unique to those weapon classes. You're going to have to find out which stances and movement profiles feel right for you. That's how melee works. 

ok, i gues i like fast weapons so ill go nikana or orthos. ty 

If you're kinda new, stick with the Orthos Prime. Melee mode without a stance is s***, so you'll more often than not be spamming quick-melee, and the Orthos Prime's quick-melee is a looping lawnmower with more range than anything else barring certain stance combos for whips.

Most anything that can crit can outdamage it unless you're working a Maiming Strike build, though, and both the Nikana Prime and Galatine Prime have flat-out better stances available.

As far as which is better between those two, it largely depends on whether you want lots of (relatively) smaller hits at very high speed, or a few very big hits at meh speed.

Edited by Dreddeth

3 hours ago, Gelkor said:

What's best for melee endgame?

Primed Pressure Point, Primed Fury and/or Primed Reach, Berserker. Bodycount and/or Drifting Contact, Blood Rush and/or Maiming Strike and/or Weeping Wounds.

Hmm i take a look at mods and i got only berserker atm :( ill ask another question: what weapon to use with some average mods cuz i cant afford any primed mods?

27 minutes ago, God0fW4r said:

Hmm i take a look at mods and i got only berserker atm :( ill ask another question: what weapon to use with some average mods cuz i cant afford any primed mods?

I've been playing Melee only pretty much for almost 4 Years now, can say that Nikana are faster than the other 2 choices, but the low range needs you to get up close, so if you don't have a lot of Mods i'd go for Orthos. Orthos has a lot of range (so does the Galatine) but it's also fairly fast, making it more beginner friendly.

Other than that, just find out what Weapons you like to play with.

Kinda new? You will need to be MR13 to use Galatine Prime I'm afraid. Someone mentioned it's slow but with Primed Fury and Tempo Royale I can barely hit the Melee button any quicker so I would argue that it's quite fast indeed. Put a primed reach on it and it can clear a (BIG) room real fast. 

There are lots of melee weapons which are end game viable (especially as we rarely see enemies over 140 anymore). While the three you have mentioned are good choices it would be a shame not to try the others. Atterax, Jat Kittag, Scindo, Ninkondi and even the redeemer should be on the list to try too.

5 hours ago, God0fW4r said:

The point of that post was that "end game" is less about the weapons and more about the mods. Mods you acquire and level up gradually over time to increase the power of the weapons you like to use.