Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is this laptob good enough to max or ultra warframe settings?

AndHisNameIsJohnCena123

Question

15 answers to this question

The answer is probably yes, but I'd imagine you could get better. One thing you should know about this is that instead of a single, more powerful graphics card, it has 2 weaker ones. While this is just as good in theory, the fact is that some games don't support multiple GPUS, and of the ones that do, not all of them do it very well. On top of that, it's at the bottom of its generation and 2 generations out of date. I can assure you that unless you're getting this steeply discounted, you'll be able to find a better deal elsewhere. I assume you're buying it used, so may I ask how much? Perhaps I could help you find a better option.

Edited by Phasedragon

If you are getting it for the price available on Amazon, then I would suggest checking out MSI, ASUS, and other laptops offering 950 or better graphics. Preferably something in the 1000 series for the performance you suggested that you are looking for. What is the price range we are looking at if I might ask?

1 hour ago, Phasedragon said:

The answer is probably yes, but I'd imagine you could get better. One thing you should know about this is that instead of a single, more powerful graphics card, it has 2 weaker ones. While this is just as good in theory, the fact is that some games don't support multiple GPUS, and of the ones that do, not all of them do it very well. On top of that, it's at the bottom of its generation and 2 generations out of date. I can assure you that unless you're getting this steeply discounted, you'll be able to find a better deal elsewhere. I assume you're buying it used, so may I ask how much? Perhaps I could help you find a better option.

yes i'm buying it used, my laptop that i currently play warframe on is HP envy m6 HP m6-1205dx AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M/ Radeon HD 7660G discrete-class graphics

https://www.amazon.com/HP-m6-1205dx-discrete-class-LED-backlit-high-definition/dp/B00BGYFGKI

so you can already see my current laptop is S#&$ty compared to this one that I'm planning to buy, which one you recommend with good price and great performance that can max out all graphics and add nvidia physics effects without losing FPS frame rate, even my PS4 can play warframe better than my laptop

i guess if i buy this one and change RAM from 8 to 16 it might bumb up the performance

the problem with that i can't buy desktop computers or build them is that electricity is not stable in where i live, it can cut off immediately that is why i use laptob

50 minutes ago, Urlan said:

If you are getting it for the price available on Amazon, then I would suggest checking out MSI, ASUS, and other laptops offering 950 or better graphics. Preferably something in the 1000 series for the performance you suggested that you are looking for. What is the price range we are looking at if I might ask?

i'm not sure if i could find one where i live but i'll try

after all price is the most important thing to me now

7 minutes ago, AndHisNameIsJohnCena123 said:

will i really don't care about loading time, i can wait, all i care about is smooth great performance while using max graphics

You won't get 60 fps with it though.

Especially not against the Infested.

35 minutes ago, AndHisNameIsJohnCena123 said:

yes i'm buying it used, my laptop that i currently play warframe on is HP envy m6 HP m6-1205dx AMD Quad-Core A10-4600M/ Radeon HD 7660G discrete-class graphics

https://www.amazon.com/HP-m6-1205dx-discrete-class-LED-backlit-high-definition/dp/B00BGYFGKI

so you can already see my current laptop is S#&$ty compared to this one that I'm planning to buy, which one you recommend with good price and great performance that can max out all graphics and add nvidia physics effects without losing FPS frame rate, even my PS4 can play warframe better than my laptop

i guess if i buy this one and change RAM from 8 to 16 it might bumb up the performance

the problem with that i can't buy desktop computers or build them is that electricity is not stable in where i live, it can cut off immediately that is why i use laptob

No, increasing ram will not help with the performance. I'll say it more clearly this time: don't get that laptop. It will be terrible and you'll be sick of it.

Any recommendation would heavily rely on how much you're willing to spend. I could give you a few options if you can provide that.

And it really doesn't take much to max out warframe. Just don't get a bottom of the 6 year old barrel graphics card and you'll be fine. Anything with a 900 series or 1000 series gpu will be plenty.

Edited by Phasedragon

3 hours ago, Phasedragon said:

No, increasing ram will not help with the performance. I'll say it more clearly this time: don't get that laptop. It will be terrible and you'll be sick of it.

Any recommendation would heavily rely on how much you're willing to spend. I could give you a few options if you can provide that.

And it really doesn't take much to max out warframe. Just don't get a bottom of the 6 year old barrel graphics card and you'll be fine. Anything with a 900 series or 1000 series gpu will be plenty.

thanks

i finally got this one, installing warframe on it now

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/500-series/510-15-inch/

Sorry to say that you probably just wasted your money. You're not really going to find a laptop that'll run Warframe on max or ultra, and bumping up RAM won't do much to change that, if anything. It's your processor that's going to kill you, and most laptops are on the low end.