Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exalted Blade slow as hell

dodorichard

Question

I busted out my Excal yesterday to do some missions but when I started using his EB it was super, super slow and I have no idea why this is. I mean like seriously one slice every second and then he freezes before attacking again, please tell me what I am modding wrong. 

I dont remember if EB is affected by melee mods or what melee weapon I have equiped.

8 answers to this question

EB is affected by both Fury and Berserk.

The combos however aren't, which is why every EB Excal just spams.

Both Valkyr and Excal have never been worth doing the combos for and somehow both have been nerfed directly to those powers without a fix to the combos. GG.

3 hours ago, Xzorn said:

The combos however aren't, which is why every EB Excal just spams.

Wait, what? Is this recent?

I haven't used EB in a long while, but up till the last time I checked, attack speed was affecting them just fine.

EDIT: Just tested it ingame. Attack speed affects the combos just fine; no idea what you're on about.

Edited by SortaRandom

27 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Wait, what? Is this recent?

I haven't used EB in a long while, but up till the last time I checked, attack speed was affecting them just fine.

I believe it technically has an affect it's just not as much as it should. No matter what you do the combos are considerably slower than spamming.

You loose DPS trying to use them.

7 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

I believe it technically has an affect it's just not as much as it should. No matter what you do the combos are considerably slower than spamming.

You loose DPS trying to use them.

Oh, anyone who's played Excal knows that combos are slower than spamming.

That's a very far cry from saying that Attack Speed straight-up doesn't affect them, though.

9 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

Oh, anyone who's played Excal knows that combos are slower than spamming.

That's a very far cry from saying that Attack Speed straight-up doesn't affect them, though.

Doesn't seem like much difference to me. They're either worth using or not and either way they're not worth using.

They literally had the code in front of them when they nerfed EB but did nothing.

4 minutes ago, Xzorn said:

Doesn't seem like much difference to me. They're either worth using or not and either way they're not worth using.

They literally had the code in front of them when they nerfed EB but did nothing.

Hold up, are you trying to justify your 100%-objectively-incorrect saying that EB's combos are unaffected by attack speed mods?

I think we can all agree that EB's combos are a disappointment, but feeding false information about EB's mechanics to folks in PHP threads isn't exactly the best way of going about things.

Edited by SortaRandom

1 hour ago, SortaRandom said:

Hold up, are you trying to justify your 100%-objectively-incorrect saying that EB's combos are unaffected by attack speed mods?

I think we can all agree that EB's combos are a disappointment, but feeding false information about EB's mechanics to folks in PHP threads isn't exactly the best way of going about things.

I'm actually not convinced it does affect all the animation properties of the combos. I've fraps the pause combo with a Max Primed Fury and without divided the footage into animation points and slowed it by to 50% speed. I saw no difference in some of the animations with only a small difference in others. The entire combo was around 20 frames faster with primed fury at 60fps, 1/5 of a second for +55% atk speed....

If I have guests who want to use my Oven; I'm not going to tell them it works if all it does is turn on and get warm.