Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A lesson of user centered design

Beairre

If you have played the game you noticed that there are items you want to collect namely Mods. And if you played for a while you also know that people mark, or try to mark every mod that drops.

What should the Designers of this game do about that?

Well... It's good, I don't want to suggest a change to the marker at all, but rather following what players do, just make every mod marked by the game itself, rather than having the players do that. Ideally would be that we don't have to pick anything, it just goes into our inventory.

I feel like this thread is just for your preference. No offense I am not trying to troll you but there isn't really a problem with the marker system. I haven't really seen anyone abuse it and it has helped me a few times find a mod or two. Keeps the game interactive with other players. Otherwise whats the point in co-op.

If you have played the game you noticed that there are items you want to collect namely Mods. And if you played for a while you also know that people mark, or try to mark every mod that drops.

What should the Designers of this game do about that?

What is your problem again?

I feel like this thread is just for your preference. No offense I am not trying to troll you but there isn't really a problem with the marker system. I haven't really seen anyone abuse it and it has helped me a few times find a mod or two. Keeps the game interactive with other players. Otherwise whats the point in co-op.

Marking the mods by the game itself wont change anything with the marker system as it is now. People will still be able to mark anything if they want...To explain in simple words, People use Marker to mark mods, always (Or at least 99% of the times) Let's make mods mark themselves to make their life easier....Co-op is also not only about marking mods....

I think marks are brilliant. I always mark drops if I am a bit behind the pack, it is polite. I don't just do it with drops - on planets like Lua that drop a lot of rare stuff like Rubedo I always mark materials.

Also, when some player is standing around or running way ahead and forcing a camera to laser up a door in a position I can't shoot it from I tend to mark the general area of the camera.

The teammate comes running back for the mod only to find the camera marked. Bang bang. Now I can continue.

Also, Laser Doors are literally the stupidest thing sometimes.

Edited by Blatantfool

Part of user-centered design is knowing that just because you can automate something doesn't necessarily mean that you should. To rephrase your question, "If you've played this game you know that there are enemies you have to kill. You kill all enemies by aiming at them. Why not have the game aim for you?" Collecting items is a part of gameplay which many people enjoy, not an inconvienience to be solved. You could even argue that it encourages team cohesion among a group of strangers playing the game by allowing them to easily show that they respect basic etiquette, or that the tension of potential missing an item makes the game more exciting, or that the period after a fight is over where you collect loot is a nice palete cleanser from the adreneline of a gunfight.

There are many details that implementing this raises: do you want the minimap to be cluttered with waypoints to loot, esp. when there are multiple mods on the field? How long should the waypoints persist?