Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

are there any benefits to dagger and dual dagger melee weapons?

zoobmer

Question

or are they just mastery fodder?

Spoiler

I've grown very accustomed to slash based pole arms, and don't see why anyone would use a dagger or dual dagger

Spoiler

I have a fang prime set, but I refuse to build it if it's just mastery fodder

how does a dagger or dual dagger come out on top of other melee weapons, if at all.

7 answers to this question

Well, for single dagger you can put on "covert lethality" and one-shot everything no matter the level with finishers. When fighting level 200+ enemies it's very useful. Not so much below that because of all the shortcomings daggers have. As for dual daggers... it's points toward your mastery rank^^

Dual Daggers, I have to say, I am not too fond of, other than the Dual Ichor & Dual Zoren. Those two are nice, although Dual Zoren are a bit more mediocre.

Single Daggers, however, are very nice when you put Covert Lethality on them. Of course, I should note, Covert doesn't just boost your damage on finisher, but it also adds +100 BASE damage. Sheev & Karyst are very good.

Just now, (PS4)PuriDiv said:

Dual Daggers, I have to say, I am not too fond of, other than the Dual Ichor & Dual Zoren. Those two are nice, although Dual Zoren are a bit more mediocre.

Dual Zoren/Ichor are acually classed as dual swords.

Also the Rakta/Dark Dagger let's you have radiation corrosive and blast damage which is knda fun

28 minutes ago, ZBanx said:

how does a dagger or dual dagger come out on top of other melee weapons, if at all.

Used with the mod mentioned above any dagger combined with a frame that can open enemies to finisher is instant kills.  You don't even need any other mod on the dagger, or a potato for that matter.  One mod on a dagger and you can kill anything with certain frames.  Its damage does not matter at all.  Choose a dagger that looks cool, slap this band. err....mod on it and its the best.

Dual daggers are all mastery fodder, there is very little if any reason to use them after getting them to 30 once.  Every single other weapon outclasses dual daggers in damage, range, crit and status chance.  Probably not 100% accurate but near enough.