Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dera build?

Zavenosk

Question

6 answers to this question

The Dera's not that bad a weapon, though the Vandal model is a definite upgrade.

Given its rate of fire it's a tolerable Status weapon. The basic set-up I'd be looking at is this. The loss in Impact damage isn't very significant because the Riven has +Heat on it and the Dera's primary damage type is Puncture. The Riven will bias your Status towards Fire, Blast, Gas, or Radiation depending on what mods you equip.

If the Riven Mod doesn't show up its code is WyI0IiwiMTgiLFsicml2ZW4tbXVuaXRpb25zIiwiNTQuNiIsImZldSIsIjExNC42IiwiZGVnYXRzX2NvcnB1cyIsIjQ3LjYiLCJpbXBhY3QiLCItMTE2LjgiXV0=

I guessed at a D polarity for it on the build suggestion but it will need the appropriate polarity in the slot to work.

The Dera's worth doing purely for the Mastery points but if you're going to max out your Riven and invest four Forma to use it I would really suggest you try to get a hold of the Vandal variant which will provide a significant boost to your Status chance.

Dera is a gun that I just loved.  Insane fire rate, dead 100% accuracy, and it was a CLEAR upgrade from the normal Braton, which I was using at the time.  I liked its mechanics more than the Karak, but the Karak's superior damage (27 vs the Dera's 22) ultimately won out.

Still, I pushed it to the very max with 4 or 5 forma because the gun would be obscene if it just had a damage buff.

Now we have Karak Wraith and Dera Vandal.  Both are fine mid-tier weapons, which relegate their predecessors to pure mastery fuel.  In this case, the Karak Wraith probably wins because it suffers less when burdened by Heavy Caliber.

57 minutes ago, rudman88 said:

why not you try dera unformaed first. see you liek it or not

and your riven mod, is not that good.

after you minus the impact is + - same as normal heat 90% mod

The Dera only deals 4.4 points of Impact damage at base, so all it loses is that 4.4 Impact damage. Meanwhile the Heat damage from the mod is 25.1, so it's a net gain of 20.7 base damage.

It has a far greater positive effect than a negative one.

1. your element damage is calculated based on your overall.

ok so dera is 22 dmg. so at 114.1 = 25.1

so 22 - 4 impact = 18

total is 43.1.

so lets equip it wwith normal 90%

22 x 0.9 = 19.8

+ 22 = 41.8

so 43.1 - 41.8 = 1.3

1.3/41.8 = 3% difference

it is greater but it can be much better ( reroll it)