The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Only Riven mods can make the Rubico good.

Divine_Intellect

Any of you guys main the rubico? I think it has so manly drawbacks that a riven mod can barely cover all of the things that make it unenjoyable, yet it still has neutral riven disposition.

I have like 4 rivens and I thought it'd be nice if I made a detailed video on the rubico [it's the second video on rubico rivens on youtube atm], and what rubico rivens can do for the weapon in terms of utility, because the weapon is slightly complicated. When you have a load of multishot on a sniper that always crits the 3 projectiles it fires make it behave like a shotgun. Neat, right?

And with so much multishot the combo counter climbs insanely fast.

It's a shame the disposition is neutral though.

[foul language warning ;D]

Edited by Ksilisab
no language warning.

It kinda make sense that it's neutral, without Riven it still hits pretty hard, it's my choice for going up against sorte bosses that i can't get close.

Sorta puzzling that they put zoom as a stat in Riven though, like, at best, zoom is a preference in PvE. And for a hoard shooter, surely the better option is a low zoom. Hell even in PvP they had to make a mod that lowers zoom on Rubico.

3 minutes ago, AlphaSierraMike said:

It kinda make sense that it's neutral, without Riven it still hits pretty hard, it's my choice for going up against sorte bosses that i can't get close.

Sorta puzzling that they put zoom as a stat in Riven though, like, at best, zoom is a preference in PvE. And for a hoard shooter, surely the better option is a low zoom. Hell even in PvP they had to make a mod that lowers zoom on Rubico.

To me it doesn't seem like it should be neutral because I rarely ever see anyone use the damn thing.

4 minutes ago, Ksilisab said:

To me it doesn't seem like it should be neutral because I rarely ever see anyone use the damn thing.

I'm fairly sure that's just because there's no reason to use a sniper rifle in general. 20+ enemies on screen in a regular basis, maps with little to no long range, and shotguns performing well past mid range for some reason. Unless you're looking down a choke point with Punch Through, it's not an efficient weapon category.

I said "against sorte bosses that i can't get close" because if I can, I would use a Tigris Prime.

iDcY7Cc.jpg

This mod doesn't make the weapon too powerful, but it "fixed" it.

Rubico's downside is that it has insane reload time meaning you'll lose the combo points you built each time you reload and it has high recoil which means it is hard to keep landing shots and building combo points. This mod fixes those issues and plays to its strength by adding even more multiplier to its critical damage. It is more of a utility mod but for me it is better than most damage mods out there.

3 minutes ago, White_Matter said:

iDcY7Cc.jpg

This mod doesn't make the weapon too powerful, but it "fixed" it.

Rubico's downside is that it has insane reload time meaning you'll lose the combo points you built each time you reload and it has high recoil which means it is hard to keep landing shots and building combo points. This mod fixes those issues and plays to its strength by adding even more multiplier to its critical damage. It is more of a utility mod but for me it is better than most damage mods out there.

Pretty nice.

Edited by Ksilisab

Saryn can make sniper rifles better at dealing with crowds. Spread the spore around, then kill one of the enemies with a high dmg toxin/gas proc then watch the DoT cascade with the spore and kill half the map. But admittedly this only works with a tight crowd since spore spread range from a dead enemy is much smaller than pop it with a weapon.

1 hour ago, Data-Zero said:

That is exactly why.

Instead of buffing weapon base stats, they give us this RNG crap and tell us to "fix it yourself".

I despise this entire system.

Considering the amount of weapons that are on the UP side, For them to go thro every single weapon and buffing them, try to balance and test them, would take a long time.

And if they try to cut corners and just apply base stat buffs, they will end up doing more harm, since weapons could come out extremly unbalanced, and then DE has to nerf them again. which will end up in a very big cycle that invovles Buffing and nerfing, the exact thing the community hated....

So yea, Im fine with this RNG crap, much better then seeing tens of complaints about a weapon that DE buffed to much getting nerfed.