Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

i can't rank up, and my exp wasted

JTR47

Question

I only use my op orthos p to kill, so i do equip unranked primary and secondary, i do get them to LVL 30 but still i dont receive any Xp to rank up 
also i used a new wep never used them instead and no xp 

Edited by JTR47

13 answers to this question

Just now, 2old4gamez said:

If your weapons are ranking up you're earning XP - Check your Profile ingame and there should be a progress bar showing how far from your next Mastery test you are.

i do rank them up but the xp bar stopped 

You're going to have to be more clear as to what's happening.

Here's some things to remember about gaining affinity and mastery.

Affinity is usually only awarded to the equipment that earns it.  If you kill a guy with your melee weapon, your secondary and primary weapons will not gain affinity.  You can't level up a primary or secondary by killing with melee.

Warframes earn half the affinity that their weapons earn.  If you kill something with a gun or melee weapon, your Warframe gets half the affinity earned, with your weapon getting the other half.

Killing with a Warframe ability gives 100% of the earned affinity to the Warframe.

Companions don't share affinity with their masters.  If a companion kills, only they get the affinity.  If a companion's weapon kills an enemy, half of the affinity goes to the weapon and the other half to the companion itself (only applies to Sentinels).  If a Kubrow or Kavat kills an enemy, or any companion kills with an ability, they get 100% of the affinity earned.

If an ally kills an enemy, and you're within Tenno Affinity range, you earn affinity equal to what your ally earned.  The affinity will be evenly split among all of your gear.

Mastery is earned for ranking up gear the first time only. If you craft a second copy of a weapon or Warframe, you will not get Mastery for ranking it up.  If you forma a piece of gear, you will not get Mastery for re-ranking it (but you won't lose existing Mastery either).

Mastery in excess of what you need to gain a Mastery Rank is saved.  If you earn more Mastery than what it takes to fill your rank-up bar, the excess will be credited towards your next rank-up.

Failing a Mastery Rank test does not deduct Mastery.  You are not penalized for failing a Mastery Rank test, except for having to wait 24 hours before taking it again.

Here's the Wiki's info on Affinity and Mastery.

XP is never wasted.

While from our perspective it looks like gaining XP increases our total affinity, it is a little more complicated behind the scenes. Your total affinity, mastery, XP or whatever you call it is calculated based on how many total levels you have on weapons, warframes etc.

You could, theoretically, max out every single frame and weapon you can get your hands on without ranking up from MR1, and then spend the next couple of weeks increasing your MR without doing anything else.

The mastery points you gained from leveling equipment are banked so even if you don't bother with mastery rank tests, you don't lose those mastery points.  If your bar is full and it's blinking, it means you can take the next mastery rank test.

I recommend you go to Cephalon Simaris' room in the Relay and practice before taking the mastery test for real.  It's not so important for the first couple tests, but later you will want to be prepared.  Some frames and/or weapons work better in certain test and better to figure it out during a practice run than going into the actual test cold, fail, and have to wait another 24 hours before testing again.

35 minutes ago, Arkvold said:

You're going to have to be more clear as to what's happening.

Here's some things to remember about gaining affinity and mastery.

Affinity is usually only awarded to the equipment that earns it.  If you kill a guy with your melee weapon, your secondary and primary weapons will not gain affinity.  You can't level up a primary or secondary by killing with melee.

Warframes earn half the affinity that their weapons earn.  If you kill something with a gun or melee weapon, your Warframe gets half the affinity earned, with your weapon getting the other half.

Killing with a Warframe ability gives 100% of the earned affinity to the Warframe.

Companions don't share affinity with their masters.  If a companion kills, only they get the affinity.  If a companion's weapon kills an enemy, half of the affinity goes to the weapon and the other half to the companion itself (only applies to Sentinels).  If a Kubrow or Kavat kills an enemy, or any companion kills with an ability, they get 100% of the affinity earned.

If an ally kills an enemy, and you're within Tenno Affinity range, you earn affinity equal to what your ally earned.  The affinity will be evenly split among all of your gear.

Mastery is earned for ranking up gear the first time only. If you craft a second copy of a weapon or Warframe, you will not get Mastery for ranking it up.  If you forma a piece of gear, you will not get Mastery for re-ranking it (but you won't lose existing Mastery either).

Mastery in excess of what you need to gain a Mastery Rank is saved.  If you earn more Mastery than what it takes to fill your rank-up bar, the excess will be credited towards your next rank-up.

Failing a Mastery Rank test does not deduct Mastery.  You are not penalized for failing a Mastery Rank test, except for having to wait 24 hours before taking it again.

Here's the Wiki's info on Affinity and Mastery.

i feel like this should be pinned in visible place.

16 hours ago, JTR47 said:

I only use my op orthos p to kill, so i do equip unranked primary and secondary, i do get them to LVL 30 but still i dont receive any Xp to rank up 
also i used a new wep never used them instead and no xp 

check :

1. check your codex ( is there a mastered symbol there)

2. rank up if possible