Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give Ancients Distinct Roars Like In L4D

Dazko

So for anyone who has played L4D you know that the boss infested each have a distinct sound when they are walking, running or attacking. This give the players a chance to know what is ahead in order to prepare their next move as well as give them a warning so that something can't sneak up on them. The only times I have trouble with a disruptor or toxic is when they sneak up on you. A lot of the time I see they charge from across the map and hit people without them being aware of the oncoming threat whatsoever. 

I know one of the points of being a space ninja is to be alert but on high level defense if you have a corridor that you need to bottle neck you cant really be aware of whats around you.

I often hear people whine that toxics or disruptors are to powerful and need to be balanced, this can essentially nerf them without effecting any stats. 

It's crazy how many times this game has received suggestions to be more like L4D.

4 person co-op games are bound to be compared to other 4 person co-op games, especially one that did it very well 

more distinct sounds for the heavy units would be awesome!

infesteds lack of this and corpus too (shockwave moas could have a heavier "stomp sound" when they walk or run)

Grinners are easly identificable by sounds as heavygunners and bombards use different weapons with different sounds...

So why not different walking sounds for corpus and different "roars/screams" for infested?

i totally support this!

Well.. they can't just copy other game's idea... but its reallly cool if like that added to the game

the entire game industry is based around using ideas from other games, there is no such thing as an original idea anymore because it usually was done by someone before hand. The trick is to take that idea and make it your own.

Well.. they can't just copy other game's idea... but its reallly cool if like that added to the game

Actually, they can. It's such a general and basic concept that can't be copyrighted/patented. Sort of like rectangular smartphones with rounded edges.... oh wait that was Apple.

Making it so Ancients aren't completely silent has been mentioned elsewhere, and needs to be done. The number one sense that alerts someone to a danger is hearing.

It's beyond silly that the hulking things don't even have audible footsteps when charging across a tile floor.